The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Hillary For President?

Hillary For President?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. 17
  11. All
I have the feeling that Trump will take out the presidency unless the Republicans split and Trump has to run on one of two Republican tickets thus splitting the Republican votes and basically handing Clinton the presidency on a silver platter.

I don't think Clinton will draw the same wealth of Democratic support that Obama enjoyed. Different person, different times.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 26 March 2016 9:23:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You wouldn't take Hilary Clinton home if you won her in a chook raffle. Utterly useless and a spin doctor's product, re-buffed and re-buffed, superficial and lightweight. Heaven help the USofA if she gets in.

Trump is the archetypal billionaire entrepreneur who may never learn to play the politician's game of saying nothing to placate everyone.

Both are ill-suited to the role of President.

I can't figure the keen interest of the Oz leftists in trying to influence the outcome in the US. As if they could anyway. Taking an interest is a different matter. What a joke the leftist Oz political commentators are, just picking up and recycling opinion from others in the US. There is a lot of that now that newspapers and TV channels don't invest in investigative journalism.

The Oz leftists will revel in the dirty campaign that this race for President will become. The electorate will just have to suck up and get even more angry and disillusioned.

"The Loathing Election

It's becoming increasingly clear that the fall presidential campaign – featuring the likely matchup between Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Donald Trump – will be one of the most negative ever. Historian Douglas Brinkley predicts that the general election will be "incredibly nasty, unbelievably nasty."

The two front-runners are so far ahead that it's unlikely they can be derailed as the nominees. But they suffer from massive unfavorable ratings. Fifty-seven percent of voters have an unfavorable view of Trump and 52 percent have an unfavorable view of Clinton, according to the latest CBS/New York Times poll. Only 24 percent have a favorable view of Trump compared to 31 percent for Clinton.

These are the highest unfavorable ratings of any major candidates measured by CBS since 1984, when the network began asking the question."
http://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2016-03-25/both-clinton-and-trump-are-too-detested-to-be-president

Poirot is still obsessed with Tony Abbott.
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 26 March 2016 9:57:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This is a tough thing to be able to predict.
These are indeed different times to
the ones Hillary Clinton came of age in.
Her vast experience in politics may not be
enough to get her elected.

I remember reading her book, "Living History,"
a few years back. I learned that she was the
only First Lady to play a major role in shaping
domestic legislation: she travelled around the
country to champion health care, expand economic
and educational opportunity and promote the needs
of children and families, and she criss-crossed
the globe of behalf of women's rights, human rights
and democracy. She re-defined the position of First
Lady, and helped save the Presidency from an
unconstitutional, politically motivated impeachment.

She is known to millions not only in her own country,
but around the globe. Yet I wonder how many really
know about her extraordinary journey not
only in politics but also the challenging process in
which she came to find her own voice, surviving
personal betrayal, relentless partisan investigations,
and constant public scrutiny.

I just may re-read the book to jog my memory.
And find one that I can read about Donald Trump as
well.

Then we have our own election on the horizon.

Life is never dull.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 26 March 2016 10:04:42 AM
I'm not a particular fan of Hillary Clinton, but SM is correct that the centre wins the election...(which also explains Tony Abbott's complete fabrication of the LNP agenda prior to the last election. He came across as completely benign to the electorate - before entering govt where he promptly about-faced on almost everything and set forth to implement far right-wing policies by the truck load)

Mr Opinion,

You have to remember that the outrageous Trump is garnering the lion's share of media coverage at present - because...well...he's outrageous.

However, his appeal is to those who would attend "gun-shows" in the US, the disaffected, disenfranchised, fearful, under-educated outlier of society. He's unlikely to carry the same kind of weight in the broader society should he get past the GOP nomination process in the end.

GOP do not want him to be their nominee..although they're getting everything they deserve in my book, having dog-whistled and paved the way for such a character as Trump for yonks now.
Posted by Poirot, Saturday, 26 March 2016 10:08:31 AM
Having said, Trump is only one of the two radical right-wing lunatics still in the running for the GOP nomination.

Ted Cruz is as scary as.

I'm still dumbfounded that in a country of 320-odd million people, two crazed bozos like those two can end up being touted for President.

And we also had Carson served up by GOP - a neurosurgeon who seemed about as deluded as they come - a right narcissistic oddball whose palatial house was festooned with pictures of himself.

Talking of narcissism, I read of a senior pysche academic who was filming much of Trump's performance to use in his lectures...because Trump is such a classically pure case of narcissism.

Cruz at one of his conventions had his speech opened by some radical pastor who was reading excerpts form the Bible which called for the death of homosexuals...right before he introduced Cruz to the stage.

Land of the free?

More like Land of the right-wing nutter....
Posted by Poirot, Saturday, 26 March 2016 10:20:56 AM
LOL, I imagine you 'learned' that from your copy and paste of a bookseller's flattering promotion, Amazon perhaps.

Perhaps this thread could rise up a mite from its narrow focus on winning, to address what is responsible for such poor quality, ill-suited odd-bods seriously running a chance of becoming the next US President.
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 26 March 2016 10:24:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. 17
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy