The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Dick Smith May Unseat Bronwyn Bishop.

Dick Smith May Unseat Bronwyn Bishop.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Foxy,

While the LWNJs might think might not like BB she is well liked in her electorate, and the party delegates (who select the person to run for MP) there are solidly behind her. Unless MT is going to make a captain's pick, which he has so far indicated that he won't BB is in the clear.

If Dick Smith ran in another electorate he might have a chance, but against BB he will just lose his money and end up looking like another Clive Palmer.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 23 January 2016 10:42:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Liberal party conservatives cried fowl, calling it a stitch-up when Turngull's choice Trent Zimmerman won pre-selection for the safe seat of North Sydney.
Barrister and Liberal Party member Juris Laucis was disappointed in the process, saying that the Liberal Party machine has guaranteed that Mr Zimmerman would win the contest.

"Trent Zimmerman has almost 50 per cent in the bag even before you start the pre-selection voting, and that's not democratic," Zimmerman defeated the rabid rights candidate John Hart, who incidentally had most of the local support over the blow in Zimmerman.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 23 January 2016 12:09:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,

If your point was to bore us with irrelevance, you have succeeded. In North Sydney the seat had been vacated, so the comparison with a sitting MP is vacuous.

That there is contention for the seat is no surprise, but unlike the greens the selection is democratic.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 23 January 2016 2:33:59 PM
Shadow, you talked about democracy in the Liberal Party, then I pointed to the last federal pre-selection the party held just down the road from Mackellar in North Sydney. Well, well, well, the Liberal pre-selection in North Sydney was hardly democratic the "contest" was won by the blow in, who was parachuted in by Turnbull's back room boys. Turnbull got the man of his choice.

How many Greens pre-selections have you taken part in? None. I have been involved in many, all decided by the membership at the grass roots level, something both Labor and Liberal can never claim!

In the words of Big Brother; Bronny its time to leave the house!
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 23 January 2016 3:10:10 PM
I do not know how anybody could bring themselves to stick up for dear bronny. Has she not been smeared with self indulgent crime. Some will never see the wrongs she has done. Or Abbott.
I have my doubts if she will get a chance of being preselected. It will be more like I have reconsidered and decided to retire.
The same with Abbott, no one likes a loser, disgracing his own electorate. Fools to themselves, taking the red carpet every time and telling us how bad things are going, with 579 companies paying no tax, does not make sense. That conservative faction needs to be wiped out, they should be in their own party room out the back smashing up antique furniture.
Posted by 579, Saturday, 23 January 2016 4:02:09 PM
It will be up to the Party to decide whether
Ms Bishop will be chosen for pre-selection
in her electorate. Do they have anyone better?
She's very well known in her electorate- but
whether she still has the influence and support
of her party - remains to be seen. We'll have to
wait and see prior to the election.

I'm still willing to bet on her being chosen
by the party.
Whether she wins though, is a different matter.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 23 January 2016 5:51:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy