The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Dick Smith May Unseat Bronwyn Bishop.

Dick Smith May Unseat Bronwyn Bishop.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Suse and otb,

I don't know that much about Dick Smith but as
I said earlier - his background is impressive.
He does seem like a sincere and honest man and
we certainly can use more of those in Parliament.

I used to like Bronwyn Bishop years ago - believe
it or not. But her role as Speaker, and other
actions left a lot to be desired. Still I'm not
in her electorate and won't be voting for her.

I hope that Dick Smith does run and wins. I'd
rather give him a chance to do something
worthwhile, than get more of the same from Ms Bishop.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 22 January 2016 6:25:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Beach, possibly you could put up your man Jim Saleam again and siphon off 0.1% of the vote, another great white hope of yours. Dick Smith is a liberal in the true sense of the word and he would attract a lot of support from younger voters and progressive older conservatives. I would think he would have better than an even money chance of unseating Bishop, a crusty old conservative.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 22 January 2016 6:52:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

Have a look at this. BB's personal vote at the last election was 62.4% of the vote and 2pp was nearly 70%, while not popular amongst left whingers she is well known and liked in Mackellar.

Dick Smith has more chance of falling pregnant than winning here.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 22 January 2016 10:04:41 AM
Paul,

You must be a big Trump fan then.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 22 January 2016 10:13:21 AM
Dear Shadow Minister,

You might possibly be right. Ms Bishop has been
a faithful warrior of the Liberal Party and as I
stated earlier - I used to like her a great
deal. Her recent behaviour made me realise that
she was giving the Grand Old Party a bad reputation.
That she was not of the calibre of what Liberals
were supposed to be.

Perhaps other Liberal in Mackellar will see that as
well. One can only live and hope.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 22 January 2016 10:14:08 AM
OTB "White"(sic) and "male" are irrelevant - outside of your obsessional bigotry that is.
You forgot to deride Christians. You were rushing your 'drive by' and forgot to load that bucket as well?"

Ah well then we are similar in that way OTB, what with your constant derision of anyone female, feminist or 'leftist' , but you have far more bigotry attributes than most here.
Your love of conservative male Liberals is blinded only by your hatred of women, hence you put up Dick in front of Bronwyn.
Mind you, I am with you on this rare occasion...
Posted by Suseonline, Friday, 22 January 2016 10:27:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy