The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Dick Smith May Unseat Bronwyn Bishop.

Dick Smith May Unseat Bronwyn Bishop.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Dick has made similar threats before. A recent example involved the safe Liberal seat of Warringah.

It gets him publicity for his hobby-horse, an airport.

It gets the conspiracy prone leftists excited. Doesn't seem to do much for Dick's airport complaints though.

For the information of the ageists (and the tabloid editors are spinning ageism, through polls for example) Dick is a similar vintage to the experienced sitting member he might challenge. 'Might' being the operative word.
Posted by onthebeach, Friday, 22 January 2016 10:28:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think it depends how her party members feel
about her. From what I gather she's currently
become not very popular due to the "choppergate,"
debacle. Pollies don't like losers - and she definetly
lost out on that. As for Dick Smith - I guess it does
depend whether he decides to sun or not.

I wish him well.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 22 January 2016 1:03:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there FOXY...

Indeed Dick SMITH does have very impressive antecedents, both in business and aviation with his solo round world helicopter journey. I flew quite a bit in choppers in my military days, and they're a fascinating aircraft, but damnable hard to fly?

In fact we were returning from a recon., in a RAAF UH-1B, with just one (1) pilot (RH seat) and two gunners on the doors. I sat LH seat, as the CoP. was down with a suspected Malaria attack. He rode the 'jump seat', all the while sweating profusely and shaking like a vibrator. Anyway when we're nearly back at 'the Dat' the pilot asked, if I wished to take the cyclic control for a minute or two? Did I what! Fantastic FOXY, absolutely brilliant!

Though, a chopper pilot I'd never be, they're a very difficult A/C to control, even straight and level, bucking and yawing for all it was worth? The experience was memorable to say the least, and surprisingly the RAAF never enquired if I wanted pilot training, I wonder why?
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 22 January 2016 1:27:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear O Sung Wu,

I admire your courage in flying.

I'd be terified.

Still taking these sort of challenges must be
very exhilarating. Makes life interesting -
never dull.

Yes, I would vote for Dick Smith if I could.

Ms Bishop obviously prefers to be flown by others,
rather than fly the plane herself - therein lies
the difference between her and Dick Smith.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 22 January 2016 3:14:25 PM
There are reports that Turnbull is making moves behind the scenes to divest the Liberal Party of the dead wood still clinging to party life support.Not only is the usless Bronny Bishop in line for the well deserved shop, but the old crusty one himself, Phillip Ruddock is also up for the political high jump, wont be missed. Abbott of course is a goner as well, if Turnbull has his way. There are others who wont be there come election day.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 22 January 2016 6:37:58 PM
Just maybe Malcolm Turnbull will bring the
Libs back to their former glory. They've had
a rough patch under Abbott. It's about time
now for a massive change and perhaps Ms Bishop
will be the first of the dead wood to go.
I wonder if that's possible. Bishop is a fighter
and has been supported by most Libs. Still
the Libs don't like losers, and if she's on the
nose so to speak, they'll drop her like a
hot potato.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 22 January 2016 6:55:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy