The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Another Islamic massacre of innocents.

Another Islamic massacre of innocents.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Personally, I've been on the side of Assad right since the start.
Its not that I necessarily support Assad himself or his government, Its just that I was aware of US neocons plans for M/E nations and I oppose that plan and of covertly destabilizing other nations.

It's wrong and it only creates more problems.

I support the Russian intervention in Syria.

The situation the world is in is complicated.

As for wars, I don't really think any nation should involve themselves in war unless they themselves have been attacked on their own soil. Therefore don't go to war unless its in absolute defense of your own nations territory.

I guess its reasonable to help an ally with a foreign entanglement if its reasonable to think your own national security would be placed at risk if your allies nation is placed at risk also.

And I guess our security is at risk if the US is at risk.

The US is at risk because its losing global hegemony.
It is covertly destabilizing nations to support the US dollar and the petrodollar.

So the US is most certainly the 'bad side' not the good.
They are taking us towards another world war that they may not win this time.

What do we do?

I hope Russia makes the decision to commit more troops into Syria before the US starts a full scale war against IS, expected anytime.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 18 November 2015 4:26:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://mothership.sg/2015/11/singaporeans-response-to-isis-attacks-goes-viral-internationally/

"I want to thank well-meaning non-Muslims who, in the wake of these attacks, have emphasised that they have been carried out by a small, twisted minority. A terrorist’s goal is to sow hatred and discord, and by not giving in, you are defeating their plans.

But I want to say that as a Muslim, I wish that we weren’t so quick to emphasise that this has nothing to do with us. While I personally have never killed anyone and none of my friends and family have ever resorted to violence, radicalism has everything to do with Islam. And the failure to address that out of a well-intentioned commitment to tolerance is making the problem worse."

ISIS is a Muslim organisation, and it is an Islamic problem. Let me say it again to be perfectly clear. ISIS is a Muslim organisation, and they are a cancer at the heart of Islam. And the problem will not go away until Muslims confront that.

There are no Christians in ISIS. There are no Buddhists, Jews, Pagans, Taoists, Houngans, Catholics, Wiccans, Hindus or even Scientologists in ISIS. ISIS is a Muslim organisation and they kill in the name of Islam.

So don’t say that ISIS aren’t ‘true Muslims’ or that they are ‘not really Muslims’. The so-called ‘Caliph’ Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi has a doctorate in Islamic studies.

So if you feel that Muslims are being oppressed or killed in Muslim countries, I expect you to also be just as outraged by ISIS. Because they have killed more Muslims in Iraq, Syria and Jordan than the entire US army. They have done more damage to the name and reputation of Islam than any Western nation. ISIS is Islam’s biggest enemy, not the US, not Israel or France or Germany or the Russians."
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 18 November 2015 9:12:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Armchair wrote,

"As for wars, I don't really think any nation should involve themselves in war unless they themselves have been attacked on their own soil."

AND

"I support the Russian intervention in Syria."

Pretty much says it all. I think we can assume Armchair's real premise is that "I don't really think any nation [named the USA] should involve themselves in war".

Just one question...
The US basically stayed out of the ISIL issue (at least militarily) up until the Yazidi crisis arose where an entire culture was slated to be wiped out by having the men killed and the women raped, enslaved, on-sold, force-converted and impregnated. (10 yr old girls cost a mere $124 and are, by the grace of Allah, of an age to be used).

So, was the West wrong to use military force to try to save these people?
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 18 November 2015 9:18:51 AM
Shadow Minister, I have mentioned this link in another thread but think it relevant to mention here... if you find yourself with a spare 40 mins I believe you might find this interview, which I chanced upon, an interesting, backgrounding set of historical and political issues encompassing 'ways-forward-observations' in an ISIS infected world...

"Rise of ISIS & Collapse of a Culture with Philippe Assouline"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ6NiM-F6jI
Posted by WmTrevor, Wednesday, 18 November 2015 9:25:23 AM
Editor Of Iraqi Daily: The Arabs And Muslims Must Acknowledge Their Direct Responsibility For The Terror Sweeping The World

"We cannot shake off our responsibility for the new and terrible terror attack that recently struck Paris, the French capital. We, the Arabs and Muslims, cannot renounce our direct role and our close connection to the terror attacks that have been flooding all the countries of the world, including our own countries, for two decades or more.

http://www.memri.org/report/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/8860.htm
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Wednesday, 18 November 2015 2:46:56 PM
I must admit that I am disappointed by the spineless posters who seem to think the only reason that ISIS attacked any country is because they are being attacked, with the hopeful opinion that if we leave them to murder others, that they will leave us alone.

These barbarians have shown that they are perfectly prepared to attack, murder and enslave anyone that comes across their path.

ISIS's most effective recruiting tool is the fact that it controls a large area and population, if this can be taken away from them along with the income stream it provides, ISIS will fade away to yet another group of whack jobs.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 20 November 2015 6:07:54 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All