The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > terror events

terror events

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
I do not condone censorship but as each "terror event" unfolds the blanket coverage by the media leads me to believe that they are doing exactly what Isis wants.
In the UK they used to have a system of stopping media exposure called D notices. I am not sure if they are still in effect but it would seem that there is a need for something like this now.
Wherever dear mr abbott is now I am sure that the air is filled with "death cults" streaming out and of course this is what the "terrorist" want and also the military industrial complex backed by the neocons.
Let us have a rest from hysterical bleating about this sort of thing.
Posted by Robert LePage, Saturday, 14 November 2015 4:25:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Robert Le Page, I agree there is too much media coverage of awful events like this latest Paris tragedy, however, in these days of social media the cat is well and truly out of the bag and on Facebook etc long before the media has time to tell all.

The other problem is that many people like to watch or listen to this sort of story and will tune in, leaving the media excited about all the revenue they make, and so will keep it rolling on and on.

The French Govt. also used the media to warn people in France to stay indoors etc, thus it is a safety measure as well.
With all these points I would say we will always have to just live with it, or switch it off.
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 14 November 2015 5:30:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Some chickens coming home to roost for the cultural Marxists.

So they call for 'D Notices' and censorship!

The leftists are totalitarian.
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 14 November 2015 6:39:53 PM
Speaking of 'hysterical bleatings'...

It's a wonder that some of these pathetic bleaters haven't blamed the Paris bombings on 'leftist, progressive, regressive, communist, Marxist, Trotskyist, atheist, feminists...or just women in general, rather than on dreadful violent people who believe that invisible gods are happy with their actions.

Oh, wait a minute, one just did mention good old Marxists above.
Isn't Communism and 'ooohhh red's under the beds!' so old story now?
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 14 November 2015 7:18:42 PM
The regressives remain in denial because their own ideology is just as putried as Isis. Again Abbott proven right.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 14 November 2015 7:40:40 PM
Oh yes.....and here comes another one!
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 14 November 2015 8:38:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy