The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > terror events

terror events

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
@Robert LePage and @Suseonline - Do you think there was/is too much media coverage of anything associated with "white racism" or "white bigotry" or "anti-Islamists" or "bogans" in Australia or indeed worldwide? (i.e. Pauline Hanson, Cronulla riots, anti-Islamic backlash, right-wing political, National Front, Britain First, etc etc etc..)
Posted by GeniusBogan, Saturday, 14 November 2015 8:41:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not at all GeniusBogan, I think there should be MUCH more written about all those deadbeat fringe-dwelling groups, so we can all recognise instantly the stupidity of these sorts of people.

I am as upset as anyone else about the awful violence of these religious fundamentalists who used guns and bombs to kill innocent people in Paris.

I am pleased they killed themselves as well.

But....that still does not make me madly hate ALL Muslims or anyone else, other than these violent people.
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 14 November 2015 9:00:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What do you all expect when we invade and occupy and kill?
Did you think they would just sit back in submission?
How many more attacks will it take till we wake up?

FIGHT WAR NOT WARS!
Posted by mikk, Saturday, 14 November 2015 9:05:45 PM
Thanks for your reply Suseonline - Yes it would indeed be very simple-minded and potentially harmful to brand a whole cohort of people because a minority of that cohort behaved in a socially unaceptable manner.

Can I ask WHY you would think it is OK for the media to cover white extremists but not "brown" ones who identify as Muslim?

Is your point of difference a reflection of your perceived difference in degree of "backlash" received by members of either of these respective communities perhaps? (i.e. Muslims cop more flack than Anglos). Or is it based on some other reasoning?
Posted by GeniusBogan, Saturday, 14 November 2015 9:18:24 PM
Susie and reasoning have never gone together. Interpreting everything according to the regressive narrative is always her response. Just turn on the abc/Turnbull and you will get the drift.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 14 November 2015 9:59:10 PM
I wouldn't go as far as saying that the Left is in league with Islamists - although many scholars and commentators do say this - but the aims of both groups are the same: the bringing down of Western society.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 14 November 2015 10:19:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy