The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Women being paid less, well what did you really expect.

Women being paid less, well what did you really expect.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
There are two very important issues here, one being the fact that the figures are conveniently distorted as all the opponents lookout are gross earning. What they should be looking at when making comparisons are hourly rates, a case of don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

The second issue which has a huge bearing on' their numbers' is paid parental leave as this places many women in the 'don't go there bracket' from an employers point of view.

So to the feminists out there continually banimg on their victim drum, paid parental leave was always going to make your case stronger as the simple answer, as always, is for every action there is a reaction.

You have your paid parental leave you pushed so hard for, so enjoy it as you can't have your cake and eat it.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 25 August 2015 6:37:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Actually rehctub, that is not true, in fact many unskilled "woman's" work areas attract higher wages than skilled men's work.

A relative was boasting about this just the other day. Her only training was 3 months of an administration assistants course at the local council. when she left school. Now 23 her only skills are those picked up in office jobs.

She has just started a job in admin for a defence force contractor who has a 2 year contract to overhaul mobile plant, including generators, compressors, welders, chain saws & the like. She is filling out job cards, & allocating work to various areas of work.

She was boasting she is being paid more than the mechanical & electrical qualified people actually doing the work.

With such poor pay we will find no one has trained for these critical skills. Just look at how long it takes to get a plumber, & what they charge, to see where we are heading with these crazy pay scales
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 25 August 2015 12:36:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Agree with Hasbeen. I had quite a few jobs in my time, and women were paid the same as I was. I don't have a clue what the problem is with women and what they reckon they don't get.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 25 August 2015 2:31:20 PM
TTBN,
The problem isn't women it's Feminism and disinformation spread by Feminists.
When I started work at 15, in a smallgoods factory the women were paid slightly less but they did nowhere near the amount of work that them men did. All of the women on my shift worked on one machine, all they did all night was cryovac the specialty pressed hams. Most of the time they had me and another boy loading the crates at the end of the line and moving them back to the chiller with the pallet jacks and oh the whinging if the foreman would dare come and take us off to do other jobs. Nowadays the situation is no doubt the same but everyone would be on the same wage, every manufacturing or kitchen job I've ever had the women had it easier than the men. The female apprentices in a restaurant where I worked for about five years never touched the dishwashing machine or washed a pot, yet the boys were expected to fill in if the dishwasher was away or if it was quiet and he was sent home and one of the male apprentices received a written warning for going over the chef's head and complaining about it to the owner.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Tuesday, 25 August 2015 3:30:49 PM
Il tell you wha nthe problem is, it's missimformation.

When these femists rant about gender equality in the workplace they only look at how many dollars men earn and compare them with women's gross earning.

As I say, why let the truth get in the way of a good story.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 25 August 2015 5:44:06 PM
Best-practice employers take steps to ensure that
gender-based pay discrimination is not part of their
remuneration system.

Fairness, respect and equality are essential components
of building harmonious, co-operative and productive
workplaces.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 25 August 2015 7:58:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy