The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The age of entitlement is over. Apparently!

The age of entitlement is over. Apparently!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Doog .....Au is the worst polluters in the world per head of population.

Perhaps so, but we are also a very large exporter and, more importantly, we rely heavily on these exports to keep the wheels turning.

If you're one of the tiny minority, the 30%'ers who don't rely on some form of tax payer funded assistance, then be careful what you wish for because if we put a huge dent in exports (what will be required to cut emissions by the ridiculous amount suggested by labor) then that 30% will become substantially less.

Now from the outside that may not seem to be a problem, but in reality many of our richest businesses are exporters.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 11 August 2015 3:31:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
butcher,

"What you fail to acknowledge is that while Rudd inherited a wonderful set of numbers, he, along with the help of Gillard, left a basket case for anyone to deal with."

(Notwithstanding that Howard and Costello toted up a sizable portion of their "wonderful set of numbers" by selling off whatever they could - and keeping in mind that they wasted opportunities to expand their bottom line by pork-barrelling the middle-class for votes, so letting the profits from the boom go begging)

Here's your basket case:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/linkableblob/3727694/data/possum-graph-8-government-debt-as-gdp-data.jpg

That graph shows our debt % to GDP at the time of the last election.

Note that ours is the third lowest debt among developed countries at 11%.

Note also that the countries who opted for austerity - as you would have had Australia do post GFC - had debt way way above Australia's.

All those countries opted for post GFC austerity....something you would have prescribed with bells on.

Most of Europe slid into recession post GFC - look at the graph.

But you'll never acknowledge that the early and sizable Labor stimulus is what kept Australia from recession when nearly all of Europe plunged into the abyss because they failed to deliver a stimulus or failed to deliver it early enough.

"How very convenient of you. You're a dud!"

Lol!...coming from the joker who can't work out why we didn't suffer a recession - that's rich.

Oh, and can you explain to me why this govt has now added over $100 billion to the deficit?

I mean there's been no stimulus delivered or anything - nothing to show for this govt's increased debt - except a slide in private investment, a slide in consumer confidence and an increase in unemployment.

Who's a dud then?
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 11 August 2015 3:59:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
yep can't reason with people who insist spending tax payers money is good for the economy is a lost cause. Poirots thinking is exactly why Greece is where it is. Still it makes her feel better about the gross waste.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 11 August 2015 4:11:22 PM
Thanks for the run-by, runner.

Lo1! - he compares Australia's debt issues to Greece.

Look at that graph from the time of the 2013 election:

Australia's debt % to GDP = 11% (no post GFC recession)

Greece's debt % to GDP = 148%

As usual you prove that economically you're as thick as two planks.
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 11 August 2015 4:18:39 PM
The age of entitlement is over. In terms of what?

Currently having Epilepsy and a bone density condition, I am on seven medications per week, most of which I have to take twice daily, costing around $10,000 in subsidies. Do I have this "entitlement" taken off me?

I blame the people who constantly vote in Labor and Liberal party candidates, who wouldn't have a clue about most of these parties policies, including in relation to these so called "entitlements" that are "within the rules".

Too often, we hear about the "safe seats" in terms of electorates. Either vote differently in terms of candidates in the lower and upper houses of parliament - or get more of the same in terms of policy direction.

If people keep voting Labor or Liberal, expect more of the same or seriously consider keeping your mouth shut on policy.
Posted by NathanJ, Tuesday, 11 August 2015 4:32:14 PM
Poirot, either you know it is Shorten & company refusing to vote for necessary cuts in spending in the senate, or you're an idiot. I neither know or care which.

I do find your method of lying by twisting facts very interesting. Watching your antics has given me a new understanding of the slime that is our left.

Tell me, do you actually believe the tripe you post, or is it just an attempt to be smart?
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 11 August 2015 6:48:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy