The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > At what point should we say you're on your own.

At what point should we say you're on your own.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Yuyutsu you always come across as an angry person who doesn't want to be told what to do by anyone, including Governments and lawmakers.
Why on earth do you stay in such an awful place as Australia then (if that is where you reside)?
Wouldn't you be happier in a communist country, or in a lawless society somewhere where anarchy reigns?

As for medical people treating you against your will, you should be sure to see one of your hated lawyers soon and have your medical wish not to be treated under any circumstances written in stone.
You could go right ahead and swim with sharks then.....
Posted by Suseonline, Tuesday, 4 August 2015 9:58:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Suse,

You mistake this to be a personal matter of mine.

While I am personally comfortable here and my personal complaints are only minor, my problem moral in nature because it is morally unacceptable to benefit from being part of a group of people who force themselves upon others. Unfortunately, no place on earth is currently free from the control of such groups.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 4 August 2015 10:09:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu, you can only be 'controlled' by others if you allow yourself to be.
Be thankful you live in such a wonderful country.
Posted by Suseonline, Wednesday, 5 August 2015 12:25:12 AM
Dear Suse,

Personally I have no inclination to swim in a shark-infested beach, in fact it's been a number of years since I swam in the sea at all, yet we are currently discussing a topic: it's not about our personal life, nor even about this country or the other - it's all about moral principles and how they should apply to a person who decides to swim in a beach despite it being declared "closed due to sharks".

How is it possible and how can you possibly accept that a group of people who name themselves "state", control a vast area of land (a whole continent in the case of Australia), dictating to all people who live in it what they may, may-not or must do? How can you possibly accept that similar gangs currently infest the whole face of this planet? It is atrocious and belonging to such a group is shameful!

Back to sharks, there is one argument that actually allows people to prevent others from swimming in shark-infested beaches, but it was never mentioned on this thread yet: that when a shark tastes a human, it develops a taste for humans in general, thus endangers others.

It is legitimate for people, including groups of people who organise themselves for the purpose of mutual defence, to defend themselves.

But you have not argued your case on those grounds, of preventing sharks from acquiring a taste for humans. Your argument instead was in favour of defending others who were never willingly part of your group, that non-existent mythological phantom which you call "nation".

While you have every right to defend yourself, it is illegitimate to attempt "protecting" others against their will who never consented to be part of your group.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 5 August 2015 9:48:37 PM
Yuyutsu, organized sports have their own insurances and more and more individual players also have private cover.

Besides, if for some reason the organizers consider the conditions 'unfit to compete' as has happened with surf life saving comps, then this is a prime example of organized sports. However, if a LS decided to ignore the warning and got taken, then I'm sorry but unless the services have nothing important on their books, then you are on your own and, when they do come to rescue you, it comes at a price.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 6 August 2015 11:46:52 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy