The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should older women be allowed to marry younger men?

Should older women be allowed to marry younger men?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
The recently married Gabi Grecko, 26, and Geoffrey Edelsten, 72, are celebrating some more special news — they’re reportedly having a baby. A match made in heaven, no less, I can see them both spending their twilight years in happy matrimonial bliss. Geoff in his yellow suit and Gabi in her orange hair!

Read all about it.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/gabi-grecko-edelsten-pregnant-geoffrey-edelstens-bride-reveals-baby-joy/story-fnk825aa-1227397465324

p/s The Doc's doing it tough, he is an undischarged bankrupt. LOL
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 1 July 2015 7:45:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Grecko feels the inexorable passage of time as old age creeps up on her.
Posted by david f, Wednesday, 1 July 2015 10:28:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank You all for your great responses.

There's heaps of examples of great marriages where
age does not seem to have been a stumbling block.
From celebrities to ordinary folk. We have a relative
who's been married now for some 25 years and his wife is
eight years older than him. On the other side of the
coin my husband is much older than me - and he's the
love of my life.

However, I have to admit that I do find it somewhat disturbing
for a much, much, older woman to marry a very young man.
To me that's "cradle-snatching."
I feel that there would be a very large gap in their interests,
outlooks, and range of experiences.
But again, I guess it all depends on the people themselves.
Although a "mother" and "son" image does come to mind.
I also found Hugh Hefner's appetite for young women somewhat
unreal. It was almost as if it was all a façade.
There was a sense of unreality about it.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 1 July 2015 11:00:19 AM
It should... God created Adam THEN Eve! So all women should be younger than the head of the household!

Not that I believe that, though.

"Does age matter in any serious relationship?"

It should not, but I can imagine health issues might.

For example, for younger men it might be important that the older woman has acute angina.
Posted by WmTrevor, Wednesday, 1 July 2015 11:41:36 AM
I was just reading WmTrevor's comment when I noticed an ad on OLO for "Russian Senior Dating For Men' at russianwomandate.com with a big 'Join Now' button, in the pic I assume the girl was about 20 and I assume Russian all I noticed about her was I think she is wearing pink nail polish. Boy, has not Olga From The Volga sure changed since the downfall of the Soviet Union, she use to look like Big Uries ugly sister, with muscles, but now hummm, must be all that capitalist living. LOL
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 1 July 2015 11:58:46 AM
"Hugh Hefner's appetite for young women"

What about the appetite of the many women who have taken advantage of Hefner?

The risk for women is very much the same. There are plenty of 'bad boys' who are on the lookout for a successful women to sponge off. Over the years I have had a number of female friends who have been taken in by scoundrels who are too lazy to provide for themselves. It is rather common for women who have put their all into education and career. There are rough types who know how to pull their strings.

Doubtless the push by some gays and lesbians for same sex marriage is to take advantage of the same opportunities(sic).

Before trashing the Marriage Act it is high time that the contract itself be scrutinised through full, real and due consultation with the public and NOT just anonymous activists and lobbyists.

I believe for instance that a marriage should be dissolved by the written will with due notice of thirty days, by either of the parties. No court, no State intervention, except in the case of a disputed notice, which can be handled by an already existing civil tribunal.

As well, spousal benefits that are supported by taxing others should be reviewed for cost/benefit to all. It is not fair nor reasonable for example, that married (incl de facto!) public servants obtain entitlements that other workers, particularly young workers, are obliged to pay for and limit their own capacity to provide for themselves.

Young workers are being obliged to undertake long education and pay for it themselves. It is grossly unfair that they are also being required to pay for Ms Gillard's de facto to take a well-known instance for argument. Or for the spouse travel of any of her parliamentary colleagues and bureaucrats. Where many young workers are struggling, it is middle class greed that dictates that such spousal and child benefits should be the paid for by others.
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 1 July 2015 12:15:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy