The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Who is Reclaim Australia?

Who is Reclaim Australia?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. All
Jay, give it an Australian context can I presume you would agree with the Nazi's 25 point policy?

Point 1 We demand the unification of all Anglo's in the Greater Australia on the basis of the people's right to self-determination.

So when do we invade New Zealand and get rid of those pesky Aboriginals and Maori's.

Josephus, fine sentiments, but is it true?
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 21 April 2015 12:00:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cherful: we say, in justice for all, but if we didn't, our army could stop all that tomorrow. As many armies in the world do.

Sorry Cher but you are Wrong. The Constitution says the Army cannot intervene in any Government or Domestic Dispute. Courtesy of Peter Laylor. (Remember him) On top of that the Australian Army Law Manual (Book 7) especially forbids the Army of taking arms against the Civilian Population except in cases of Insurrection & then only to restore order, not take sides. The Armed Forces cannot assume Command of Australia at any time or any reason. Yes I know they have a new Manual but the proviso is still there.

Cherful: Lets see how much regard they have for justice and the so-called rightful owners of this country,

Errr, That’s why the Aboriginal Groups were there. The moslems didn’t turn up at the Brisbane on.

Cherful: Tell that to a lot of the ethnic groups here. Who still speak their own language, refuse to abandon their cultural customs, religions, politics, history and wars from their north ,east and west ,previous homelands. Obviously, they fit your above description of not being real Australians.

I grew up with, mostly Italians who arrived in the 50’s. Most of them spoke some English before they arrived but had to adapt tp Australian. As far as I know they were all Catholic. The Dutch & Germans were Lutheran. The ones from the Balkans & Greece were various Orthodox. The Poms were C of E Z& OPD. They were all Christian. In the 70’s the Asians coming from Viet Nam were mostly Catholic & some Buddhists. All these people integrated well. Well some of the older people didn’t, or Couldn’t learn the Language but encouraged their children to do whatever they could to adapt to their new country.

Unfortunately, this last lot of immigrants have escaped Tyranny only to want to set up the same system of tyranny they escaped from. Strange that.

Cherful: And isn't that exactly what the reclaim Australia group is trying to say.

Exactly. That’s why I went
Posted by Jayb, Friday, 24 April 2015 4:56:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Josephus,
I can relate to the spiritual values of the Cross of Saint George and the Cross of St Andrew, plus the Stars on our flag but what spiritual or any other value does the Cross of St Patrick have?
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 24 April 2015 5:30:29 PM
Is Mise: what spiritual or any other value does the Cross of St Patrick have?

St. Patrick is the Patron Saint of Ireland.
St. David is the Patron Saint of Wales.
St. Andrew is the Patron Saint of Scotland.
St. George is the Patron Saint of England.

These are all represented on the Union Flag which is the proper name for the Flag of the United Kingdom. AMQ.
Posted by Jayb, Friday, 24 April 2015 6:59:51 PM
Jayb,

The Cross of St Patrick has no spiritual significance as St Patrick's only cross was the small one that he carried as a Christian missionary.

The so-called diagonal red cross on the Union Flag is a con; it is the
Saltire of the Geraldines (the FitzGeralds) a Norman family that settled in Ireland and became "Níos Gaelaí ná na Gaeil féin", more Irish than the Irish.
Their Saltire was used by the ".....Most Illustrious Order of Saint Patrick [which] is a British order of chivalry associated with Ireland."

In 1801 when the Act of Union was forced on the Irish it became necessary to add the Irish emblem to the Union Flag, but as the Irish emblem was the golden harp of Brian Boru there was only one point on the flag where it could be put and not spoil the symetrical layout of the flag.

That was in the centre, and that would never do!!

So the Saltire on the badge of the Order of St Patrick (commonly the Knights of St Patrick) was hastily chosen and then called the Cross of St Patrick.
See any good book on the Vexillology for a detailed explanation of this historical con job.
A con job that was most successful as the Saltire of the Geraldines has been carried at the head of more than one St Patrick's Day march in the mistaken but fervent belief that it was Saint Pat's very own cross.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 25 April 2015 1:38:14 PM
A day you don't learn something is a day wasted.

Thank you for that, Is Mise. I'll put it in my box of History tricks & research some more on the Origins of the Flag.

Still, that is the accepted make up of the Union Jack as taught in Schools World wide.
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 25 April 2015 5:20:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy