The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > We can stop FGM in Australia.

We can stop FGM in Australia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
May May,
You said, "Or is the real reason you started this FGM thread not because it's a despicable act and you feel "genuine" empathy towards the victims, but because you associate it with Islam and non white people? And this gives you the chance to attack the people you hate, Aussie Muslims and non white people. I clicked on your name and read a few posts from your history; yes, you must feel very alone now that the White Australia policy has long passed".

So dearie, I consider you to be a hair brained woman that has not a clue, so if you don't like criticism and assumptions made about you, then do not make offensive and incorrect remarks about others.
Posted by Banjo, Monday, 6 October 2014 8:49:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Banjo doesn't like the FACT that I wrote this --- "FGM is a serious mutilation", "Yes, FGM is horrible", "It's a despicable act".

I just love Banjo's "assumption" that my "feelings are that FGM should continue to increase". Which of course was written AFTER I wrote the above 3 things on this thread.

Banjo old fella, the English tutor offer is still available.
Posted by May May, Monday, 6 October 2014 8:59:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
FGM is a criminal assault, custom, religion or culture or not, and it needs to be addressed in the courts.
But then we don't have capital or corporal punishment any more do we so there is no real justice.
What sort of a mongrel would do this to his child?
This is what happens when you import cultures.
Imagine what goes on in their own countries...behind closed doors.
FMG the child then castrate the fathers.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Monday, 6 October 2014 11:05:38 PM
As soon as I spotted the title of this thread, I knew it was written by Banjo.

As much as you rant and rave about May May calling you out on your true reasons for writing this post, I know you really do care about 'the poor little girls', but you care more about stopping Muslims coming to Australia.
This is just your transparent way of drumming up anti-Muslim feelings again.

FGM is illegal in Australia, and I have no doubt there have been prosecutions.
The only women I have seen in the labour wards with this awful mutilation were cut in other countries. The births of their babies was horrendous.

They told me what had happened to them, how they were held down and had their genitals cut without anaesthetic when they were children.
I realised that in that same hospital, we were holding down little baby boys so the doctors could cut off their foreskins without anaesthetics too.

I am glad we don't condone that barbaric practice anymore either, unless it is medically necessary, and then done under anaesthetic.
Posted by Suseonline, Tuesday, 7 October 2014 1:19:45 AM
Thank you, Suse, my wife is a nurse and what you say bears out what she, and other nurses have told me.
One midwife, that I knew very well over 25 years ago, refused to discuss
FGM as her experiences caused her much anguish; she became quite angry remembering births at which she had assisted.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 7 October 2014 6:38:12 AM
Suseonline,
You said, "FGM is illegal in Australia, and I have no doubt there have been prosecutions".

Sorry Suse but you are wrong, there has not been one prosecution to date and FGM was made illegal in all states in 1994-5. I challenge you, and anyone else, to find a prosecution of a cutter or a parent or other person that participated in, or arranged, an act of FGM.

It looks to me that it will take a death, or two, of an unfortunate girl to generate enough public support to instigate the changes necessary to stop FGM in Aus. That will be a pity as I am convinced it can be stopped by enforcing our present laws. The French get convictions and have dramatically reduced the FGM rate, so why can't we?

While we sit on our collective bums and do nothing, we put about 1100 young girls at risk of FGM each year in Aus. Sure we can blame the politicians, but we elect them and they lie to us.
Posted by Banjo, Tuesday, 7 October 2014 8:59:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy