The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Self-responsibility?

Self-responsibility?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All
Dear Poirot,

Of course it's the woman's fault.
And she should accept the responsibility.

These are the facts as some men see them :

1)She should not be
provocatively dressed.
2)She may be a "loose"
woman and if she consented to having sex
with the man before. She must be willing
on other occasions as well.
3)Most women enjoy
being raped after all.
4)She's the one who gets him sexually excited.
5)Or she says she's going to have sex with him and
then changes her mind.
6)We all know that when
a woman says "no" to sexual advances she
doesn't really mean it.

7)Most women are sly and manipulating when they want to
attract a man.
8) A woman will only respect a man who will
lay down the law to her.
9)And after all a Man's got to show
the woman who's boss right from the start of he'll
end up being henpecked.
10)And additionally many females
who've been forced into sex against their will don't
perceive the act as rape anyway - just because a dating
partner was the perpetrator.
11)Besides we all know that
rape is an expression of unrestrained, impulsive
sexual desire. It's a crime of passion, (not violence) -
right?

There you go. How on earth can a man be blamed for not being
able to control himself - when the woman is so irrestible.
Shifting the burden of guilt from the accused to the victim -
is what defense lawyers do. And its a great tactic.

I wonder if a well-dressed man stepping from an expensive
limo would ever be accused of tempting someone to mug him?
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 19 September 2014 2:58:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

"I wonder if a well-dressed man stepping from an expensive
limo would ever be accused of tempting someone to mug him?"

He'd be asking for it...
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 19 September 2014 3:33:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Poirot,

Sounds fair!
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 19 September 2014 3:39:09 PM
And there we see clearly the difficulty of discussing this and related subjects, it gets personal almost immediately, attitudes are ascribed without evidence, straw-men abound etc etc.
You've ignored everything I offered as my personal opinion about rape and rapists and gone for the throat with the old b/s yet again.
I'll just reiterate, women who ignore the harsh reality and behave as if they're immune to danger are idiots, plain and simple, exactly the same as a m/c rider without a helmet or a drunk-driver, they put themselves in harms way willfully. There is and can be NO justification or excuse for rape, full stop, and I believe the penalties are too light when convicted. But I DO object to the language and treatment of such cases in law and the media, it's discriminatory and promotes dangerous attitudes, dangerous for other women.
Tell me do, do YOU believe a woman is entitled to dress provocatively, behave drunkenly and go to dangerous situations and STILL not bear any responsibility for her own safety?
WHY?
If you leave your car in the street with the keys in it you are partially responsible for a theft, ask your insurance company if they'll pay out in that situation. If you leave wads of cash laying around in public view and it gets stolen it is obviously stupid and it's your responsibility for doing so, see where I'm going with this?
Taking risks means you are responsible for any detrimental outcomes, that's the nature of the beast, so why does that change when it's women taking the risk?
Posted by G'dayBruce, Friday, 19 September 2014 7:36:21 PM
What is amusing here is that it is women, not men, who are forever remarking on the (alleged) 'revealing' and inappropriate clothing and behaviour of other women. Or maybe that is only their competitiveness coming out. Because it always seems to be the young, attractive women whose dress and behaviour attracts the censorious comments.

Got to say though that the dinosaur feminists of last Millenium would have to be the world's worst for laying into other women. Mean as, all sour grapes and spite and jealous of youth.

Although Tyrannosaurus (now Gummy) Greer did prove that feminists can be generous to a fault when giving other women a spray. Just ask ex-PM Julia Whatshername (you know, the one with the $2million bungalow) about her caboose.
Posted by onthebeach, Friday, 19 September 2014 11:08:56 PM
G'dayBruce,

You might be interested in this,
http://www.traveller.com.au/cathay-pacific-female-uniform-too-revealing-says-union-37tez
Posted by onthebeach, Friday, 19 September 2014 11:34:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy