The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why Political paralysis will ultimately harm Australia:

Why Political paralysis will ultimately harm Australia:

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
o sung wu,

And in case you think I'm an incurable leftie who wouldn't vote Liberal if my life depended on it.

I voted Liberal in the last two state elections.

However, I draw the line at what I see consuming the federal LNP.

perhaps it's a Western thing at the moment. The British Tories appear to be the template for the Abbott Govt cruelties - and the rabid Tea Party Republicans in the US are tarred with the same brush.

Fundamentalism doesn't look good however it's presented.
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 11 August 2014 10:53:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Despite the obvious, why is it that you do harbour so much acrimony and antipathy towards this pretty ordinary, lacklustre political party ? '

I suspect Poirot is still embarassed about how competent they look against the handbag brigade. After banging on about how the boats could not be stopped and the carbon tax could not be revoked a lot of egg is still on face.
Posted by runner, Monday, 11 August 2014 10:57:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner,

Oh yes...how "competent" they look.

Poor old Hockey is still trying to sell his "cruel" May budget in August.

They shelved Abbott's stoooopid PPL.

Morrison thinks it's great to commit piracy on the high seas, imprison kiddies on ships and then gets all frustrated when he can't plop them into orange pods and float them off back to India.

Brandis cancels his 18c and replaces it with something he doesn't understand and can't explain.

Abetz regales us all with his expert medical knowledge of 1950's research - and then tells us he didn't.

Abbott is flat out milking the MH17 tragedy while beating his chest and yapping in the direction of Putin - who, no doubt, is quaking in his boots (not).

I could go on...but I think you get the picture.
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 12 August 2014 1:15:48 AM
G'day there RUNNER, nice to hear from you...

I dunno mate, POIROT is no intellectual lightweight, so there's much more to her enmity then merely her distain for a conservative government ? As a Western Australian, she must follow her federal politics quite closely as she appears to be across many of the issues and the figures ?

Anyway RUNNER it good that two individuals, who are from widely divergent political positions, can discuss governments (plural) and politics, without engaging in some petty, personal recriminations.

I freely admit to you and everyone else, my knowledge of the machinery of politics, together with the associated rhetoric that accompanies politics, is sadly lacking ? Thus I cannot freely engage with anyone from a position of strength or specific knowledge, without first showing my ignorance of the subject ? Therefore, this most likely will be the last time I introduce a Topic embracing politics per se ? Thanks again for your contribution.
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 12 August 2014 1:58:28 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu, there was a time when I considered that Poirot was a computer.
I tried Alan Turings test on her and she failed the test, so I can
assure you she is real.

Never mind there has to be another explanation, grin.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 12 August 2014 2:16:25 PM
O Sung Wu,
Don't put yourself down. Your life and your work experiences give you a definite edge in assessing many situations, including political. I bet there were many occasions when you discussed political matters with your colleges, being employed by both the Feds and State governments at times.

I find your views interesting and practical. Keep commenting on whatever subject you feel inclined to do so. I look forward to your input.
Posted by Banjo, Tuesday, 12 August 2014 2:19:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy