The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why Political paralysis will ultimately harm Australia:

Why Political paralysis will ultimately harm Australia:

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
New Electoral System.

A National Lottery where every taxpayer gets a weekly draw numbered with his Tax File Number.

First and only prize is 5 four million dollars, 1 million is paid when the prize is drawn and a half million each year for three years, the remainder is paid on successfully completing the necessary Parliamentary appearances etc.

There is no other salary, perk or expenses and no person may sit more than three years, that is win the prize more than once; their TFNs become void for competition.

Now at the end of three years we'd have 156 MPs; they would not necessarily be the smartest of the citizens, nor the most honest, good looking, slim or intelligent.

However they would be lucky and that would have to be an improvement.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 16 August 2014 9:02:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
error above: strike out 'four' after the '5'.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 16 August 2014 9:03:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good evening to you DIVERGENCE...

Please accept my profound apologies for my inadvertent error in matters of gender. I do endeavour to ensure my posts are both accurate and amiable. Unfortunately, as evidence of my rapidly advancing dotage I do unintentionally make some silly errors.

IS MISE...

You too offer a novel solution to the question of parliamentary ethics and integrity. Though interesting, and maybe even attainable? Regrettably, the constitute bodies that make up the current parliament, are so deeply and intractably corrupt, there's nothing that would ever solve the problems that have perpetually cursed the current membership for all time ?
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 16 August 2014 10:34:37 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy