The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Legal eagles in a spin.

Legal eagles in a spin.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Boy don't the Queensland legal fraternity have their knickers in a knot.

All those smooth backsides, polished by years of sitting on only the very best leather upholstery, are really squirming.

I don't know if all are judges are lefties, not really interested enough to think about it, but the screams are coming out via the ABC so it is highly possible.

After years of the Beattie & Bligh governments following religiously the recommendations of the judges old boys club when appointing or promoting judges, the Newman government is not playing by the rules.

Imagine a government usurping the privilege of the club, & appointing someone who is not quite to their liking.

Does my heart good to hear the ABC & the legal fraternity blathering away in their indignation. This is a sorry state of affairs, & I would never have felt this way in the past. It is only after years of nasty vindictive government,t of little people like Rudd Gillard, Beattie & Bligh, that I find this occurring
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 16 June 2014 10:39:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr Carmody has enjoyed a meteoric rise under the Newman government, and is being promoted from chief magistrate to chief justice of the Supreme Court, despite never sitting in it.

His critics say he's too close to the government and inexperienced.

Mr Davis, who resigned on Friday over the alleged leaking, labelled Judge Carmody's appointment as "horrendously controversial".

The fact that Supreme Court justices are silent is a "supreme vote of no confidence" in Mr Carmody's appointment.
Posted by 579, Monday, 16 June 2014 4:50:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The fact that Supreme Court justices are silent is a "supreme vote of no confidence" in Mr Carmody's appointment.

"The history books are not littered with leaders who are dragging people kicking and screaming with them," Mr Davis told the ABC.

Mr Carmody's appointment was decided by Mr Bleijie and Premier Campbell Newman, and cabinet approval wasn't required.

Education Minister John-Paul Langbroek, Transport Minister Scott Emerson and Energy Minister Mark McArdle rallied behind Mr Bleijie.

"Judge Carmody has the capacity, and history will prove he is the right man for the job," Mr McArdle said.

"We want a safe state, we want the best state to raise a family and he (Jarrod Bleijie) is doing exactly that.

"Jarrod has the full confidence of every member of the government."
Posted by 579, Monday, 16 June 2014 4:52:28 PM
Nothing to worry about unless you are a crook
Posted by sbr108, Monday, 16 June 2014 5:41:25 PM
Well, even that parasitic mutt Fitzgerald had to force one of his quips just to make sure that the Labor cronies can see he is still one of them. I wonder if that man actually knows what integrity is. Judging by the way the CJC worked in his wake I doubt it.
Posted by individual, Monday, 16 June 2014 7:40:12 PM
@Hasbeen, Monday, 16 June 2014 10:39:37 AM

LOL True. You have a delightful dry wit.

As for the ABC, it has lost the plot.
Posted by onthebeach, Monday, 16 June 2014 8:18:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy