The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are THREE levels of government really required and affordable?

Are THREE levels of government really required and affordable?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Just putting the question out there, with the current national ecomonic situation. Isn't it time we did the responsible thing and had a proper discussion, not an inhouse government slinging match on who's fault it is with regards to our current financial situation, all that does is waste more of our taxes on politians wages with many wasted hours of political argee-bargee, we don't need more politics and point scoring we need real solutions.
Lets talk about!
"Are THREE levels of government really required and affordable?"
Can we do it better and simplier?
I say YES !
Posted by rawlo, Wednesday, 4 June 2014 8:02:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
THE STATES GAVE UP..LEGISLATIVE POWERS AT FEDERATION
THEY ARE..acting unlawfully..in so many ways..but the idealgovt would hold local assets/locally..under a federal FINANCE MODEL..and states a bureaucracy that provides over sight accounting and coordination

all state asset and debt become federal debt..and minsters oversee the bureaucracy[ALL THE state legislature and different level BULLDUST MUST GO...even big councils need be bought to heel

[i see govt as best run from schools[where the school board effectively acts as council too

[divide the commonwealth into school admin areas
ditch states..and recover the looted []privatized]..assets
then its big users pay...no acces fees..or service charges/no victim no crime/stap taxing wages as if income..income insnot wage[we dont have wages tax]..only income tax..re nationalize the federal reserve and mint..get back the GOLD AND SILVER THE FED LEASED TO ITS MATES[]WHO SOLD THE LEASED SILVER AND GOLD]

CUT THE WAGES OF PUBLIC SERVICE AND POLITICIANS
base their pension/on the same pension the rest of us get
and public servants insider trading on cash cow quango grants /you going to get yours...nest feathering is official malfeasance[a jailable crIME]..IN A JUST WORLD WHERE all crime is unlawfull/or maybe simply policed..no one is watcHING THE SE4RVANTS GET RICH FROM PUBLIC RIPOFFS AND MORALIZATION AND NICE FAT INVESTMENTS TRUSTS ITS CRIMINAL

THEN THERE IS THE DEBASEMENT..OF THE QUEENS COIN[HIGH TREASON]
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 4 June 2014 9:31:35 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Each level of government will fight tooth and nail to protect there existence.

Most so called public servants are paid higher wages and better conditions than they could hope to get from private industry if they would even consider employing them.

Australia is definitely over governed but which one should go?

I would get rid of State governments but then you leave yourself open to bureaucrats from Canberra you do not know about real conditions outside of there isolated cocooned Canberra.
Posted by Philip S, Wednesday, 4 June 2014 11:25:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good idea, let's get rid of The Federal government and all State governments. Problem solved. Hang on, we'll then have hundreds of local governments ... let's get rid of them too.

Wow, Australia will then be soooooooooo ideologically correct. Just think about it, no more arguing politiicans on fat salaries, no more political red tape, no more free pollie allowances to bankrupt our starving nation, no more dole bludgers and unwed mothers taking away our tax free superannuation $$$$$$$$ birthright.

What we can do is appoint a benevolent dictator.... I'd suggest the Pope. He knows what it's like to use little money prudently, after all the Catholic Church runs on a pittance (just like Jesus wanted)and is certainly not rich with BILLIONS of SSSSSSS in assets and real estate. Yep, the Pope will do. We can make Catholicism our national religion (with only tiny jail sentences for resisters .... those bloody lefties and greenies).

I'd also suggest that the Pope appoint the following Cabinet:

Minister for religion and burning witches ...One Under God

Minister for beheading all immigrants, and the White Australia Policy ... a shared portfolio between Rehctub and Ludwig

Minister for finances ... Hasbeen (let the dole lefties starve)

Minister for funerals ... Individual (he'd love to cremate those dole bludgers/lefties

Minister for morals and feeding the rich/starving the poor ... Runner

Minister for women ... Shadow Minister (hey Foxy stop laughing)

With the Pope and these small government/no red tape professionals, Australia will no doubt prosper.

God bless Australia and our favourite Cardinal, the children's friend.... George Pell.
Posted by Nhoj, Thursday, 5 June 2014 12:45:47 AM
I liked your new ministry Nohj : )
Mind you, I would have put Jay as Minister for White Australia Policy, given his preference for using the word "white" in almost all of his posts!

I think that a country as successful and as desirable as Australia should just keep the Government system as it is though.

My only change would be less numbers of local government departments, because we have enough problems with the federal and state governments to keep us going!
Posted by Suseonline, Thursday, 5 June 2014 1:29:18 AM
Nhoj. I to like you ministry, but may I suggest a position be found for chrisgaff1000, as Minister for Justice, I find Chris one of the leading forumites on that score. His simplistic approach is mind boggling, as an ex copper, Chris is well experienced at "dishing out justice" particularly to those "undesirables elements of society" having been a past exponent at throwing gays into the Parramatta River, what more qualification could you require.
I also suggest a position in such a cabinet of luminaries be found for onthebeach. Beach would make an excellent Minister for Progressive Thinking, having yet to entertain a progressive thought ever, so therefore when he does have on it should be a... "bobby dazzler", I can hardly contain my excitement.

Suse. me thinks you may misjudge Jay somewhat on this color thing of his, I do believe Jay's color concerns are not based on race so much, but rather on a fervent desire to make "house painting simpler". In Jay's ideal Australia the Dulux color chart will consists of but one color, WHITE! Jay believes by painting all the house WHITE it will not clash with the homogenous WHITE skin tones of the total population. I ask, now how is the racists?

Look out the 'Usual Suspects' are not known for their sense of humor. A quote from The Little Green Pixie.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 5 June 2014 7:45:26 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy