The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Who exactly are the Australian Federal Police, and what do they do ?

Who exactly are the Australian Federal Police, and what do they do ?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I was shown, Friday's edition of the Herald Sun (a Melbourne newspaper), one of their senior journalists on law and order and police matters, Andrew RULE, wrote a scathing article juxtaposing the Victoria Police (VICPOL) to that of the Australian Federal Police (AFP).

He stated while VICPOL were executing dozens of search warrants upon premises allegedly owned by outlaw Bikie gangs, the AFP were 'sheepishly' (sic) executing a search warrant, against Ch.7 Studios here in Sydney apparently looking for evidence of 'proceeds of crime' associated with an alleged interview conducted with Ms Corby, in Bali ?

He RULE, berated the AFP for it's general lack of successes, together with it's apparent lack of any genuine police adroitness and discernment, compared and contrasted with their State counterparts ?

Personally, I'm relatively vague as to what functions the AFP actually perform ? Though I understand they're an amalgam of the Former Commonwealth and Australian Capital Territory Police Forces, and the former, Bureau of Narcotics, a component of Australian Customs. It's my understanding they're a comparatively young organisation, having been founded in late 1979, a mere 35 years ago ?

I do wonder therefore, are they particularly well trained ? Are they a difficult organisation to join ? Who exactly do they answer to ? And have they demonstrated any real success in the interdiction of crime in this country ?
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 22 February 2014 1:04:22 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
not sure what they do
but i rekon their ok

I DEALT WITH them when i was helping freemarijuana/ryan election
regarding some political thing..OF OTHER..but it was electoral stuff
[and nigel sent em to me cause he thought i was a nark..anyhow i juST SAT TALKed with em/smoking as I ALWAYS DO

OTHER TIMES WERE IN CANBERRA..and Canberra COPS[AT LEAST..AROUND MY HOME [TENT EMBassy]..ARE SERIOUS BUT elementarily sane..in embasy dealings etc

basically you doNT SEE EM/UNLESS THEY WANT YOU
AS for the other police services..they have too much implied licence they dont have in law/but do whatever they like by formulated prosecutors foll0owing their STANDARD scripts

nope if every cop was like the fed cops
/THE WORLD WOULD BE MUCH SANER..its the wanna be cops/security inspecting snoops..wanna bes..thats the problem

any how regarding THE WARRANT ISSUED BY A complicit court system[to state cops..or feds]?,,SEEMS TYPICAL..YOU HAve to remember canberra iS ABOUT POLITricks..[and tonIES Idol..dobbed her in..guess it might have been the feds..THEIR LOYAL TO the crown.[ie govt/the state/THE fed state mate]

SO THE COIURT ISSUES THE ORDER
THE FEDS FOLLOW THEIR COMMAND..ITS NOT THE FED POLICE-ITS HIGHER.

Chanel 7 LAWYERS WIN..OVER THE Magisterial [FORMER-lawyers
oops looks LIKE [NAW DONT GO THERE/THE FEDS WILL DEMAND PROOF

they can do have a serious side/so take care..out there
THIS REALM BELONgs to the minions and demons..of hell.
take care..its satans realm out there.
Posted by one under god, Saturday, 22 February 2014 3:44:33 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
O Sung Wu, I too know very little about the AFP, but have just read in the West Australian newspaper today that they made some mistakes in their raid on the Chanel 7 offices that resulted in them having to apologize.

It sounded like it was a bit heavy-handed to me, but I agree in principal with their strong stand against Corby and her family receiving any payment for her story.

I was annoyed to read that after the Indonesian Government stood by their threat to put Corby back into jail if she did an interview with the media, Corby's sister and Brother-in-law tried to get an audience with the Government officials.

Apparently, Mercedes thought Corby would be far 'happier' telling her story to the media because all the media were upsetting her.

Yeah right!
All that Corby and her greedy family want is the money for the interview, and I hope they never see a cent of it.
She is a convicted drug smuggler, and she should never profit from that.
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 22 February 2014 5:13:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
suze..raised the issue..OF..PROCEEDS OF CRIME
AINT THE DRUG WAR..just too darn/NEAT..they criminalize..a PLANT
only god..can make to grow/..that GOD specifically gave..to all mankind/..EVERYONE..[see genesis..1'29]..

A PLANT..CLASSIFIED A DRUG.BY LIE OF BEING Put/on a scedual[all the other compounds..on the list/are real powder al-CHEMICALY DRUGS[BUT ONE 'DRUG'/NOT A DRUG..*BUT A PLANT..simply because..*IT..WAS PUT ON THE LIST/criminalizes 35.000 A YEAR[qld/alone]./raises/65million/revenue..and/..20..OUR OF 21 PLEAD GUILTY..FIRST APPEARANCE.

each givinjg..the legal aid/..$200/per guilty plea.

to 'possessing..a 'consumable'..that..WHEN/living=LAWFULLY/..a fixture/but demed..BY LIE..to be a fungible..BY LIE OF SCHEDULE DEEMING..A PLANT A DRUG.

EVEN WORSE/Govt..taking it proves..we didnt have..possesion
but get this..the state[as a NON LIVING/ENTITY]..CANT POSSES it/either..!

your..own govt dobs you in?=active TReASON/abuse of orifice.
then..there is..reasonable doubt..[the baggage guys]

and she didnt..make a cent/indeed..no doubt/has..lost income/life love/peace..and likely parenthood..and she*..cant make money..?..CAUSE ITS PROCEEDS..OF statuteD/CRIME/whEN/HER OWN..GOVT/BETRAYED...her*

yeah..i would fight that..in court
do like cooperation do..put-IT..in a legal-fund..TO FIGHT.*THE LAW..[GIVE/HER..SOME/PRIDE/WORTH MORE..THAN CASH.

THERE YA GO..SHAPPEL/ch 7..just put it..in a fighting fund
administrated..by the..CORBIES/..FOR WAGE..AND THEN SUE..FOR DAMAGES THE LIVING BEINGS..INVOLVED[THEY WILL LOVE..THE WHOLE STORY BEING HEARD..as/it..really/went-down...IN OPEN/COURT

I DARE YA..TO TRY IT
THE LAW..IS THE CRIME
AS JUSTICE STAPLES..himself said
how absurd a law..that declares..a plant a crime

its..THE TREE OF life[..see revelations 22.2[GOOGLE WIKISEED]

hempen oil..was known to issiah/smoking flax..he/TOO..refused to quench..[hemp wax made the candles..plus the wick/plus the VESTMENTS AND THE HOLY OIL

its the design of the burning bush..mosus 'saw'..on the mount
[exoDUS..25;40..[ITS ALSO THe..tree of life[..revelation..22;2]
the leaves of the tree are for the healings of nations[google wikiseed/wikigeld]

its fruits are/not..12[one in/each season]..but 38,000..last time it was checked..
http://eprints.qut.edu.au/15949/1/John_Jiggens_Thesis.pdf

also READ
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bd/Jack_Herer_-_The_Emperor_Wears_No_Clothes.pdf

THE BURNING BUSH..DESIGN IS THE JEWISH menorah
this bush was re found growing on the hunter river by hippies in the 60.'[as john explains well]

he dont know that the hunter was joined to the namoe river[namoi[spelled proper-way/means river of life
this was all..explained in swedenborgs acania celestia
[but the last three chapTers..were stolen/by those wanting to access THE RIVER OF LIFE/IN THESE..GREAT/SOUTH-LANDS[VABN-DIE-MENS/LAND

..UNDER A..COMMON/WEALTH SEAL/USING THE SEED
*from..the tree of life/..underpinning/REPAIRING..THE DEBASEMENT..OF..the queens coin.

its more..clear..at..the thread.S
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6152&page=0#178808
Posted by one under god, Saturday, 22 February 2014 6:31:58 PM
The Australian Federal Police were set up by Prime Minister, William Morris Hughes in 1917, to protect him from egg throwing Queenslander's. Since Billy died in 1952 the Fed's haven't had much to do. LOL.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 22 February 2014 6:32:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good evening there - ONE UNDER GOD and SUSEONLINE...

Thank you both for your contributions, I appreciate your efforts.

Certainly you don't hear much about them really, a major drug bust occasionally ? I'm interested in what powers they possess ? For an example, can they pull you over for a normal traffic matter ? Do they wear a uniform ? I've seen some bright red Commodores with 'Federal Police' stencilled all over them, complete with blue and red lights, flying around and about.

I'd be most interested to hear more on these people ?

Ms Corby will probably be allowed to keep her interview money ? It certainly wouldn't surprise me ? Didn't David Hicks write a book about his incarceration in Guantanamo Bay ? It was advertised and displayed in the ABC shops. Not sure if he sold too many copies though ?

Thanks again for your contributions.
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 22 February 2014 8:29:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy