The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Underage marriage and other alien practices.

Underage marriage and other alien practices.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 22
  8. 23
  9. 24
  10. All
Below is an article about a man charged with intercourse with an underage girl. I draw your attention to the last paragraph.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/child-abuse-charges-for-man-26-who-claims-he-married-12yearold-girl-20140207-327bg.html

Our state minister comments that she is aware of 'a large number' of underage marriages taking place.

If this is so, why are they not investigated and is it the same in other states?

Is it just another cultural practice we ignore because of multiculturalism?

We are aware that FGM has been ignored for 20 years, and it seems the occasional forced marriage, but are there other alien cultural practices that we ignore,

Every time we bend to accommodate another cultures practice we compromise our own culture. Not to even mention the effects on Australian born girls.
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 8 February 2014 10:43:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I knew it would be you Banjo as soon as the title fell in eyes view.
More power to you, rest assured no matter what the very lost say your view is shared, and by most.
Lets not bend to the PC truth blinding few.
I remember when the true left wanted equality for every female in the world.
And am saddened by the retreat from concern for women and girls condemned to a life of being second even third class.
My culture is under assault, not just from these who practice this dreadful trade in Children but from our few true lost left.
My views given here are a mirror one ones expressed today at a country market.
People from German roots and Greek shared those views.
NO GOVERNMENT DARE give Australians a referendum on Muslim migration because they fear the out come and know you and I are far from alone in being sickened by this type of inhumanity in the name of a God.
That never was part of western society
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 8 February 2014 6:30:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Multiple marriages and under aged brides are not confined to Islam; the ignoring of the rights of women and young girls has been taking place in Australia for decades, well before the upsurge in Islamic migration.

It is politically expedient to ignore the plight of underage girls in certain sections of our community.

Guess anyone?
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 8 February 2014 7:50:14 PM
It is politically correct to ignore the plight of underage girls in certain sections of our community.

There I fixed that for you.

It is also politically convenient to ignore and certain lobbyists [guess who and they swing from the guvvy teat] make sure of that.

The cultural war has been fought and lost. Too bad that the silent majority were too busy working, supporting their families and paying taxes. They were too trusting of politicians too.
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 8 February 2014 10:34:32 PM
Banjo I see a reluctance to post, maybe even to consider the horror these young girls face.
And bet at least a few here have fallen for the PC untruth that it is wrong to simply say this crime is horrible.
This mornings news tells of a planed mass murder/terrorist act in Sydney and the would be perpetrator leaving with a false pass port.
Other world news shows country's all over Europe seeing folk born there fighting in Syria and other wars.
We are confronting a truth, no one dare say is not true some would rather debate coal seam gas,use of coal, forest,s but ignore the dreadful fate of women and girls in the name of a God that never existed.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 9 February 2014 8:18:46 AM
Belly,

Don't just stick it to Islam (which is a worthy target) but broaden the scope to include other ethnic groups in our society that also practice multiple marriage, underage brides and underage sex.

It is PCs, as OTB said, to ignore that many girls in Australia are denied the protection that is their right as citizens even though the Parliaments and the Law are fully aware of what goes on.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 9 February 2014 10:09:42 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 22
  8. 23
  9. 24
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy