The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Michael Bachelard - Asylum seekers tricked by navy. Jan 5th

Michael Bachelard - Asylum seekers tricked by navy. Jan 5th

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. All
A life boat was recently intercepted By the Australian navy carrying 56 people from- Pakistan, Afghanistan,Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq and Palestine. Young men plus one woman and toddler on board the leaking vessel that they had been traveling in for four days. They were heading to Christmas Island. Firstly two navy vessel were sent to assist the original rescuers, two Australian speed boats. It is quoted that the asylum seekers were told they were being taken to Christmas Island when in-fact they being taken back to Indonesia, well aware that others had been turned around before them. After a day they were transferred to a Customs and Border Security vessel and traveled for three days. Although they were not happy that customs would not let them use their phone, there seemed to be no other complaints.
They were each handed 4 page documentation explaining our border security rules ( in many languages)and were explained to, that it is against the law to do what they were doing.
They were then transferred into secure life boats with a compass, GPS system, satellite phone and enough fuel for the three hour return to shore.
It just so happened that the rescue/Customs vessel ventured slightly into Indonesian waters. Indonesian foreign minister-'Its one thing to turn them back in their own boat, another to transfer them to another and turn them back'. One Indonesian politician claims , breaching our waters,this has damaged our relations even further. The govt of Indonesia has the right to protect its sovereignty and territorial integrity in accordance with International laws'. (Also the fact that one of our vessels was heavily armed, being a Navy vessel. What? were going to open fire?)
Doesn't Australia? Seriously our treatment of these men must be considered extremely humane and fair, and in accordance with our policies.
One last thing.If these men are escaping extreme danger, where are all the starving elderly, women and children who are the weaker.
Posted by jodelie, Thursday, 23 January 2014 12:13:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gullible nonsense.
Both sides of our politics are intent on stopping the boats.
We know or should the radical left other wise known as the rat bag left use phones even visit Indonesia, to train refugees.
Once known as the Communists these days a shattered rump of silly walks folk using the only thing that works lies.

This rubbish must be seen for what it is a lie.
Rabble rousing by the rabble intent on? I doubt they even know.
End the Boats stop the lies and we will all be better for it.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 23 January 2014 8:36:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
jodelle,
no matter what ther's no excuse for an Australian navy vessel to be in Indonesian waters. having said so this also applies to every scenario. If a vessel is in strife in indonesian waters than no assistance can be provided by an australian Navy ship. That's the game they want to play & so be it. I'll bet my bottom dollar that if this principle was adhered to no asylum seeker boat will ever leak again in indonesian waters but as soon as they're in australian waters the boats will commence leaking. That indonesian MP who was exploiting the latest hands on hot pipes claims was correct when he said that it was not accidental that the australian Navy vessel got into indonesian waters with so much electronic navigational aid. But then again I watched a Navy Patrol boat run onto a coral reef in Port Kennedy many years ago in broad daylight so...
Posted by individual, Thursday, 23 January 2014 8:42:25 AM
It's all posturing by Indonesia to get more Aid & money from Australia.

The Navy only has to take these people to the nearest landfall, not tow them hundreds of kilometres back to Australia.

The burnt hands would have been caused by the people protesting when they found out just where they were, as in sewing lips together & throwing themselves onto barbwire, etc.

The Navel personnel hitting the people on the head with their shoes. This is a grave Middle Eastern insult. Something not many people in Australia would know about. I couldn't see any Navel personnel taking their boots off to hit anyone on the head. What an absurd claim.

How would the Indonesians know that the Australian Navy went into Indonesian waters. If they were detected by Radar then the Indonesians must be able to track the Asylum seeker boats.

I see the Indonesian Navy is now going to patrol their Coast. It's about time they used the Patrol Boats we gave them for something. I can't see them turning Asylum seeker boats back though. Indonesia is trying pushing these mostly Islamic people into Australia because they don't want them in their Country.

jodelie: One last thing. If these men are escaping extreme danger, where are all the starving elderly, women and children who are the weaker.

Good question. Did you see the photos of the future Bikie Club members? Built like brick $#!thouses.

Ok steelie & Co. Your turn.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 23 January 2014 8:51:50 AM
Belly,
"Both sides of our politics are intent on stopping the boats"

Labor did a good job of disguising that for the last 6 years. Any observer would believe they encouraged the illegals.

Now we have the ludicrous allegations by the ABC and some other media claiming our sailors tortured some illegals.

But hey, why not believe the illegals, after all they get here by lying, bribery and cheating and buying false papers. The have a record of lying to our immigration officials. But they would never lie about their treatment, would they?

The sooner the government stops the entry of all these shonks the better. I can only encourage Morrison to be tougher.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 23 January 2014 9:06:51 AM
Thanks jodelie, I hadn't heard this latest concoction. I stopped watching the ABC when they put that silly little new girl on as presenter. They must have put someone as silly as her on as news director simultaneously.

All I can say is to paraphrase the old song, Tie a Yellow Ribbon around the old oak tree. I'm sure you know the line about "the whole damn bus is cheering". Well, open your window, & you'll hear the whole dam country cheering.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 23 January 2014 9:28:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy