The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Sustainable Welfare

Sustainable Welfare

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All
But to get back to the subject, which I think maybe what Belly was on about;

We have a much bigger problem than worrying where our next Centrelink
payment will come from.

Note Japan's condition, 200% of GDP debt and a rapidly falling population
and an aging population.
They can never pay their debts.
The US is in the same boat, but while they are able to print the reserve currency
they can stave off the final crash.

The problem is if one of those two countries crashes because their
credit dies, our creditors will come running to us wanting their money back,

AND WE DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY !
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 28 January 2014 10:33:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
War extinguishes debt, so there lies the remedy. If we have money for Abbott's delusion of paying people for having babies at extraordinary rates, we obviously do have the money.
It's a matter of prioritising where to spend the money.
I don't think any welfare can be classed as sustainable, but what are your options, there isn't any.
Posted by 579, Tuesday, 28 January 2014 11:34:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Bazz my mistake.
We could have done well if we put money in to solar, instead China has it.
No single thing is an answer to all our troubles bloke but yes solar maybe next generation backed by battery at night time will save us money but may cost jobs.
579 six percent gap now we need not be too concerned , while remembering we took our selves out of government we are twice blessed Shorten is no Rudd/Gillard.
And Abbott no leader.
No need to snipe in every thread Tony is doing that for us.
I hope folk know as a union official, in almost any union you gain the bosses friendship.
No strings just acting fairly and honestly.
A side benefit is that boss asks you to send applicants for jobs he has.
I always undertook it by saying if any are no good let me know and not interfering if he unloaded the worst.
I live in an area work is not always easy to get, helped a butcher leave his trade and become a team leader on good wages.
But too could not separate youth who had never ever worked from their surf boards.
Then it was $21,80 an hour now $23.80
I do with all my being think a job is an essential part of life and the sloth like rob them selves of a better life.
PS my remark about solar was aimed at a barbed and rude insult from a poster I never again will address.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 28 January 2014 1:46:28 PM
Bazz not all generators run on unclean black coal the generators that laid idle were gas fired turbines. To disregard solar is to disregard reality.
Which part of welfare is the sustainable bit. The latest is soft skills for welfare recipients. What makes anyone think there are not architects or builders on welfare. A few gardening skills, is that what is really needed. Councils will take up the offer at the peril of already working persons.
Posted by 579, Wednesday, 29 January 2014 7:34:57 AM
579, I don't think anyone here is saying solar is a dud.

We will comtinue to have solar and, we will continue to make advancements in both solar and increased energy efficiency from electric powered goods.

As for welfare, my suggestion is an immediate halt to all 457 visas, because the number of jons that labor claims to have created, are almost exactly the same as the number of 457 visas issued during the same period, about three years.

The next step is to force companies to train our own people. No training, no licence, it really is that simple.

Now if an Aussie person refuses training, CUT THEM OFF.

Finally, introduce, or at least trial a true transaction tax, a tax that taxes money, not people, because if it were successful it would see around $150 extra per week in the average workers pay packet.

What better way to stimulate the economy.

Belly, I was not calling you a bludger never would
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 29 January 2014 8:04:09 AM
579, it does not really matter whether they were coal or gas, they
have to be kept spinning as backup. If it is co2 that you are worrying
about, that makes no difference because the overall co2 is almost the
same due to fugitive methane.

Our problem is much greater than a few unemployed we have because
politicians, just like the general public, including people on here,
have not been listening and it is now too late to take mitigating
steps. If you thought global warming was a problem, then as they say;
"You ain't seen nothing yet !".

The UK has already gone into panic mode and is taking up fracking for
oil in a big way. The North Sea is well on the way to being finished
and the government there has suddenly realised they are at the mercy
of the Russians and others.

In the meantime, back at the farm, (which we sold to the Chinese) we
are quite happily going to sell off most of our gas, just in case the
Japanese or the US or the Chinese want it.
Of course on cue, the Gladstone plant has refused a contract to an
Australian gas retailer. They prefer to sell it overseas. So Mrs Aussie
get rid of your gas stove and buy an electric one.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 29 January 2014 9:14:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy