The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > So what's wrong with sending them back?

So what's wrong with sending them back?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. All
The Abbott government is reported to have sent the first life boat load of asylum seekers back to indo.

Given they came from there, noticed or not (haha) and, given they entered Australian waters illegally, what's the problem?

Abbott said he would stop the boats and it appears he is doing a pretty good job at that because let's face it, there are far more deserving people of our own who could certainly use those billions being wasted like our own homeless, or even our pensioners, not to mention our failing education and health systems.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 17 January 2014 6:21:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes Rehctub, the hypocrisy that is being exhibited is overwhelming.
The contrived anger and offence taken deserves an academy award.
Especially as I heard this morning that Kevin Rudd had promised to
turn the boats back before 2007 election.

If that is so why didn't they complain then ?

There is a report that a warship did enter Indonesian waters.
No doubt there will be outrage about that, even if they don't know why.

I suspect that the Indonesians are upset because they realise they
have no grounds to refuse the returning boats.
I notice a report that the lifeboat that was used had the captain
of the scuttled boat put in charge. Clever move that.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 17 January 2014 7:52:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I had to laugh when I heard ABC AM this morning.

Not too long ago we were being told -- by the usual apologists --that Indonesia couldn't possibly police the people smugglers because:
a) It just didn't have the ships,and
b) Its coast/waters were so vast it wouldn't know where to look.

Well, this mornings ABC AM was quoting Indonesian officials as saying they would send boats to try and catch Oz in the act of turning the asylum scammers around-- and guess what:
a) They apparently now had the boats to monitor their waters, and
b) They --quote-- "knew the routes mostly likely to be used by the smugglers" .

The more you learn about the whole business the more you realize that those advocating for the asylum scammers are shonks who will do and say anything to foster the continuance of the illegal immigration trade.
Posted by SPQR, Friday, 17 January 2014 7:53:06 AM
SPQR, I doubt that the Indonesians will turn up because if they did
then the Australian vessel could withdraw and leave them to it.
The Indonesians could not possibly tow it to Christmas Island.
They would have no option but to tow back, take on board, or refuel.
If they refuelled then the Indonesian government would be exposed to
the accusation of engaging in an invasion of Australia.

The only reason for the Indonesians to turn up would be to take them back.
BTW saw reference that there has been a drop in illegals entering Indonesia.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 17 January 2014 8:10:08 AM
I would love to see how many millions we are paying to scum lawyers and "Refugee advocates" to represent and aid illegals. It would be so simple to just have a tribunal with no lawyers allowed, appeal to a higher tribunal and see the outrage just disapear.
Always remember the loss of life over divorce in the 70's & 80's fueled by scum lawyers. Victorian Labour attorney general a few years ago changed the law so all wills can be challenged another handsome little earner for scum lawyers. Lots of distress and hardship but at least lawyers can make themselves rich. Special breed of people a cancer on humanity.
Posted by JBowyer, Friday, 17 January 2014 8:29:16 AM
Australian warships are undertaking humanitarian missions, in rescuing Indonesian crew & passengers of some of their older people ferries, that get off course & into trouble. This is extremely generous of us, considering the cost involved, & the financial mess in which the last two governments left us.

In this situation I certainly hope we are sending the Indonesian government a bill for any life boats expended in these operations.

If not I most certainly hope the Indonesian government is returning said lifeboats to us in good order & repair, to enable us to undertake further humanitarian missions, should the need arise.

They could use the returning livestock carriers, used for that other humanitarian mission of ours, supplying meat [on the hoof] to help them feed their burgeoning millions.

You know, it gives me a warm feeling to realise just how generous we are. Do you think I might be becoming a bleeding heart/do gooder?
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 17 January 2014 9:01:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy