The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is the Education Curriculum Review just a sneaky way to introduce creationism into schools?

Is the Education Curriculum Review just a sneaky way to introduce creationism into schools?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 12
  13. 13
  14. 14
  15. All
@ P Jack,Sunday, 12 January 2014 7:24:59 PM

Just taking Professor Ken Wiltshire for example, what evidence do you have to suggest he is Christopher Pyne's "puppet", who would be "praising [his] Lord and Savior should that happen (and probably speaking in tongues too)"?

Professor Ken Wiltshire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Wiltshire
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 12 January 2014 8:08:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
P Jack,
Don't try and patronise me, why write the word "White" if you're not trying to make a point about my ethnic group? So now you're using the word "European" to try and weasel out of a jam, in case you haven't noticed we don't live in Europe, we don't live in the West, we live in the South.
I take you point about political correctness though but it seems the best solution and the one I'd favour is the abolition of state sponsored arts, civics and humanities education in all tiers of education. I have kids at school, one in grade six and one in year ten, they hate humanities, it's seen by the kids as a waste of time and they learn nothing of value from the units. FYI they still teach the same dishonest "Black Armband", Anti White view of Australian history, mainly because the senior teachers still can't let go of the dogma they were taught in the 1980's. The younger teachers are somewhat less biased,for example my older daughter actually learned the truth about Communism and it's connection to the immigration story in Australia.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Sunday, 12 January 2014 9:02:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Onthebeach, it's interesting, and revealing, that you specifically chose Ken Wiltshire and not Kevin Donnelly.

Why did you do that? Here's why -- the religious and political opinions of Donnelly can easily be found in a 10 second internet search. They are splashed all over the internet. It doesn't read well, regarding his "independence". Whereas, it's much more difficult task with Wiltshire, as evidenced by his Wiki page that gives out zero information regarding his political and religious views. Therefore, you thought you "had" me. FAIL.

Tasmanian Education Minister Nick McKim said of the review, "Professor Wiltshire (as well as Donnelly) is ON RECORD as supporting compulsory religious education in schools". Ken Wiltshire has also publicly branded the curriculum as a "failure" in Jan 2013. He has also been publicly critical of Labor's educational reforms. Therefore, his religious and political bias is *OBVIOUS*.

I've also just come across a written statement from Kevin Donnelly from 2012, he wrote "Multiculturalism is based on the mistaken belief that all cultures are of equal worth". No doubt, he'll be injecting this version of political correctness into the review.

It's clear that Christopher Pyne, and his 2 puppets, will get the results that Christopher Pyne wants, from the Curriculum review.
Posted by PJack, Sunday, 12 January 2014 9:08:30 PM
Jay, *YOU* were the person who first wrote of a connection between creationism and white ethnicity. I then replied immediately that was incorrect, that I didn't infer that .. though you assumed I did, and that the connection was between Westernised European centric views and white ethnicity (haven't you seen all those paintings of a "white" Jesus?). You then didn't like it because I clarified my view by including "European" (I clarified it because you thought I was referring to people of Asian and Indian ethnicity).

The fact is that Christopher Pyne has chosen 2 like minded people who will provide the results that Christopher Pyne wants. That's obvious to all but the blind. PS: Please don't write a long, long reply saying that I'm now discriminating against the blind. Please. Pretty please.
Posted by PJack, Sunday, 12 January 2014 9:29:40 PM
P Jack,

Your reply is ridiculous. Your original allegations are entirely without basis it would appear.
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 12 January 2014 9:39:19 PM
Onthebeach, it's interesting that you couldn't refute even 1 specific fact that I presented in my reply. That's cool. You don't "have" to. It's not compulsory. Have a nice sleep.
Posted by PJack, Sunday, 12 January 2014 10:05:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 12