The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is the Education Curriculum Review just a sneaky way to introduce creationism into schools?

Is the Education Curriculum Review just a sneaky way to introduce creationism into schools?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. 14
  14. All
God Suse, with your math, perhaps we do need to go back to the 50s. When even my youngest kids went to school 30 years would take us back to, wait for it, 1984.

Even my kids learnt that much math, you must be from one of the last batches Suse, to get it that wrong.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 12 January 2014 7:00:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh & Suse, jealousy is a curse. You should resist it.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 12 January 2014 7:02:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
[Deleted for abuse.]
Posted by PJack, Sunday, 12 January 2014 7:24:59 PM
>>Is the Education Curriculum Review just a sneaky way to introduce creationism into schools?<<

They can run it up the flagpole to see if it flies. And I've little doubt that in some schools it will... but they're probably the sort of schools already that pay little heed to the curriculum at it currently stands.

It won't fly in government schools (who educate the majority of the children) and it won't fly in the Catholic private schools (who educate the biggest slice of the minority). It may fly in some kooky weirdo private schools that teach abstinence from dancing as best-practice sex ed.

I don't think it behooves one to worry too much about that breed of nutter when there are far more dangerous nutters to worry about.

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Sunday, 12 January 2014 7:34:45 PM
Hasbeen, "In the 50s, every kid of 10 could draw a map of Oz, with states, cities rivers, & main geographical features, or they would wish they had bothered to learn."

Didn't you mention the '50's? Yes you did.
Try reading what you wrote before having a go at me Hasbeen.

PJack, lol, sounds interesting but I think I will pass...
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 12 January 2014 7:59:28 PM
Tony, the "creationism" thing is something I'm using primarily to get more attention to the thread, especially from the religious fundamentalists.

The "real" problem is not that they'll try to get creationism into schools. but their admitted agenda to "Westernise" the curriculum. In other words, to reinstate the old time educational political correctness from the 50s curriculum where multiculturalism, migration, diversity and a full and frank account of aboriginal history are pushed way into the background, almost as if they don't exist. Pyne and co. want a European centric Westernisation view of Australia's history to predominate, and it's accompanying Judeo/Christian version of Australia's history. Pyne has already admitted that he will be forced to give at least what I describe as "token" acknowledgement of the truthful Aboriginal history. But that's all we'll get from him -- "token".

If these 3 people (Pyne and his 2 puppets) succeed, our school curriculum will be ruled by political correctness that pays homage to 1950s Australian social and religious values.
Posted by PJack, Sunday, 12 January 2014 8:04:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 12
  12. 13