The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is the Education Curriculum Review just a sneaky way to introduce creationism into schools?

Is the Education Curriculum Review just a sneaky way to introduce creationism into schools?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
Dear Hassie,

All you have to do is watch Eddie McGuire's "Hot Seat,"
any day of the week to see how lacking this country's
education system has been. It's crystal clear that many
young people don't even seem to have a basic knowledge
of the geography and history of Australia let alone the world.
And consecutive governments have to take responsibility for
the current failed education system. There are qualified
professionals giving governments advice on what improvements
need to be introduced to the education system, but they
continously are either ignored or blocked. The most recent
recommendations by the Gonski Report (and I don't know the
full details) the current government chooses to ignore.
So what future does our younger generation have to look
foward to? Already on the international standing our
education system has dropped drastically.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 12 January 2014 1:38:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
P Jack, that's not how the last line of your post reads but let's put that down to poor writing.
"Westernism" isn't "White" either unless you're using both as pejoratives, ask any White Nationalist what they think of "Western" culture and the Liberal party and you'll get a string of expletives and the phrase "Race Traitors" will certainly make an appearance.
There are Indian Westerners, Chinese Westerners, Westerners from the Phillipines and every other country, in fact all the people who migrate here are basically Western before they step on the plane.
These days it's Multiculturalism which is only skin deep.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Sunday, 12 January 2014 1:53:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Furthermore, if the people migrating here do so to take advantage of a "Western" education system why is it a bad idea to make that system more focused on "Westernism"? Westernism is a common set of standards and a code of conduct which allows people to transfer from one part of the empire to another, it has it's own language, customs and protocols. So a person born in London,Mumbai or Beijing who is raised to be a Westerner can function equally well and have the same standard of living in any of the above locations. It's called globalisation P Jack, the Lib/Lab/Greens are all globalists.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Sunday, 12 January 2014 2:08:17 PM
amazing how many people are threatened by creation.Just because everytime you open your eyes you see design, creation and pattern should not threaten you so much. What the god deniers don't want exposed is their hopelessly flawed evolutionary faith. The new fundamentalist athiest are really frothing at the mouth. Its bad enough for them that their other fallacy (man made gw) has been exposed as a myth.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 12 January 2014 3:00:12 PM
Jay, I'm referring to European centric Westernisation (I thought that was obvious considering the context of the thread subject matter). But clearly that went over your head, and I'm happy to now clarify it so you can comprehend). No need to thank me.

Currently we have a reasonable balance, regarding historical accuracy, in the school curriculum. Truthful Aboriginal history, and the complexities of mutliculturalism and migration, are NOT hidden away from school children like they were in the ignorant past of political correctness.

Pyne wants the old political correctness restored to our school curriculum, with a MUCH bigger emphasis on European centric Westernisation coupled with Pyne's version of Judeo/Christianity. It's political correctness gone mad.
Posted by PJack, Sunday, 12 January 2014 3:01:24 PM
PJack,

<<SPQR...Clearly you are on either cocaine or LSD, and I'd advise you to give up the drugs immediately>>

No doubt the voice of experience ...I couldn't believe some of the stuff they were teaching either when I first heard it.

Tell you what, next time you're in Sydney let me know and I'll take you around to some of our premier educational institutions and you can have a listen in, you will conclude that either they are stoned--or you are.
Posted by SPQR, Sunday, 12 January 2014 3:20:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All