The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is the Education Curriculum Review just a sneaky way to introduce creationism into schools?

Is the Education Curriculum Review just a sneaky way to introduce creationism into schools?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. All
Foxy,

"Let's try not to make this into a
Left versus Right debate."

Are you kidding? Did you read the blatantly party political crud in the opening post? Pjerk cannot be that stupid to believe that. It is yet another straw man made up by the left whinger Pjerk in the same vein that Juliar was trying to intimate that the coalition would ban abortion.

There are too many liberals in the coalition to let that happen.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 12 January 2014 4:06:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear SM,

I was appealing to you because I have every confidence
that you're better than that. We can't be responsible
for the actions of others - only our own, and a New Year,
is a good place to make that start or at least try.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 12 January 2014 5:38:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I see that Shadow Minister is name calling.

When they do that they know they've lost the debate.
Posted by PJack, Sunday, 12 January 2014 5:40:40 PM
Sorry Foxy my sweet, I don't watch Eddie McGuire's anything, but I'm not surprised. Those so called qualified professionals you mention, mostly feminists, have pushed so much garbage in to the system there is no time left for teaching facts. Haven't you heard, facts are testable, so a very dirty word from the feminists point of view. Girls do better without any facts to stuff up a good story.

The Gonski Report is just another union push for more money, nothing to do with improving education. Everyone knows our kids learnt more 30 years ago, so a simple return to the curriculum a teaching methods then in vogue would be a good start.

I could say a return to the pay rates of 30 years ago would be a fair thing, with the lousy effort most current teachers are doing, at least then the pay would reflect the quality of the teaching.

In the 50s, every kid of 10 could draw a map of Oz, with states, cities rivers, & main geographical features, or they would wish they had bothered to learn. Today I doubt most school leavers many could do more than tell you where the best pot was grown.

Rather than throw more money at the clowns, we should be reducing rumination to match results.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 12 January 2014 5:48:42 PM
Hasbeen, writing endearments every time you reply to Foxy is a bit condescending, and quite frankly, getting a bit creepy.

A return to the good ol' days of '50's education would be less than useless in our current world Hasbeen.
It has all changed now out there in 2014, if you care to look.

I'm wondering whether it is the far reduced amount of one-one time that parents get to spend with their kids these days that could account for lack of Mathis, reading or spelling skills in some kids.

Mind you, with the widespread use of computers and calculators these days, kids only have to learn IT to access spellcheck etc.

One thing for sure, the very last subject that should be made mandatory in public schools is anything at all to do with religion.
That subject can be studied in history...
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 12 January 2014 6:11:57 PM
I can just imagine a 1st year science class. in a public school. Brother Christopher has taken over the class from that blasphemer The Science Master Mr Dithers who had 30 years experience.

Br C; Now boys (only males in this school, girls don't need an education to be good wives and child bearers). tell me how long did it take to create the Earth?

Hands shoot skywards.

Br C; Billy Blogs.

BB; 4 billion years, brother.

Br C; Blogs you idiot! go to the dummies corner. I'll cane you later.

Br C; Anyone else... Pius Peter.

PP; 6 days brother.

Br C; Why was that Pius Peter.

PP; Because on the 7th day God rested.

Br C; Very good answer Pius Peter, come to the front and get a holy picture. The rest of you get your bibles out and start studying the great flood for next weeks science quiz.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 12 January 2014 6:58:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14