The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > PM not wanting to discuss issue

PM not wanting to discuss issue

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Banjo,

"I agree with you that Aus should withdraw from the convention....."

Just a clarification.

I don't believe we should withdraw from the convention.

I believe we should act in its spirit.

My point was if, through our govt, we're intent on treating asylum seekers like unwanted garbage, it's hypocritical to pretend that we are acting in its spirit - when quite plainly we are not.
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 31 October 2013 8:10:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Poirot,
Well I consider the illegals shonks and con artists who take advantage of our easy going nature. So yes, they are unwanted garbage and attempts by some to portray them as poor innocent persons who deserve our sympathy, is wrong.

Yes we should withdraw from the convention and take whatever measures necessary to stop the boats coming. Genuine refugees would present themselves at the front door. A far cheaper and safer option for them.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 31 October 2013 8:21:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Suseonline,

"radical Catholic organisation, the IRA"
Even the British government recognized them as a legitimate army in the end by inviting them to the peace table.
You must be British and Protestant to come up with that line.
The Irish were fighting for something we take for granted, freedom, just like the Jews in 1946.
The Jews killed hundreds of British soldiers before they got freedom. The Irish didn't have to kill as many and they fought the only way they could, as guerrillas.
Enjoy your freedom Suseonline Ireland is still looking for it.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Thursday, 31 October 2013 8:38:31 AM
Banjo writes:,

"Well I consider the illegals shonks and con artists who take advantage of our easy going nature...."

Then follows it with:

"So yes, they are unwanted garbage and attempts by some to portray them as poor innocent persons who deserve our sympathy, is wrong.

If that's "easy going" then I'd hate to see the contrary option.

Insular, cringing...anyone?

Lol!
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 31 October 2013 8:55:08 AM
Chrisgaffe1000, my husband is an Irish Catholic, and I can assure you that you don't have any idea what you are on about.

At the end of the day, the IRA members were predominantly violent criminals who loved guns and killing people, whether it was for Ireland or not!

Violent criminals are the same the world over, despite their religion or culture.
Posted by Suseonline, Thursday, 31 October 2013 10:06:45 AM
Banjo wrote
"Well I consider the illegals shonks and con artists who take advantage of our easy going nature. So yes, they are unwanted garbage and attempts by some to portray them as poor innocent persons who deserve our sympathy, is wrong."

And you have the gall to say im full of hate. Look in the mirror mate.
You wont reply, as usual, because you are a coward who only spouts insults and never actually addresses what anyone says.
Posted by mikk, Thursday, 31 October 2013 4:04:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy