The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Will Abbott abolish Labor's Peter Principle ?

Will Abbott abolish Labor's Peter Principle ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All
Paul 1405>> Indi, where is you evidence for all you claim about the public service, all the gross incompetence, the massive waste etc. <<

Paul, public servants are less productive than the private sector because they know they will not be “consigned to the scrap heap” no matter how often they fail to fulfil their job spec.

If you want an example of incompetence, lack of duty of care and ideology over outcomes I give you the State and Federal Education Departments. These imbeciles have delivered a generation of primary age students who came dead last from all the English speaking nations in a UN global literacy study in Dec 2012. Dead last...thats achievement.

If you want an example of waste I tender the State and Federal public servants who controlled the funds given to the BER fiasco. COLA’s that cost $70K before the BER cost $260K during. Demountable buildings that cost $160K before the BER cost $400K during. I won’t bother to outline the “Pink Batts” scam that the PS administered.

Paul>> Because of your distorted and somewhat irrational view of public servants<<

Nah, Indy is not overstating it, Paul ol pal your view is tainted for some reason, but failure is failure and achievement is achievement.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 22 September 2013 9:55:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As Jimmy Hendrix said:

"Hey Joe, where you going with that gun in your hand,"

Loudmouth I appreciate your straight down the line impartial logic. So many are tied to the left or the right....but there is a centre, it’s called the bullsheiser free zone, where spades are spades and "to thine own self be true" is practiced rather than the team spin we are bombarded with.

About the first Aussies, if only 30% of all moneys allocated to indigenous and government bodies had reached their recipients by way of self determination programs our indigenous kids wouldn’t have third world mortality rates and adults would not die twenty years earlier than the average Aussie.

Yes bastards on both sides, bastards above and below us, but they are supported by their acolytes, individuals so desperate for an “identity” the spin becomes reality and facts are meaningless. Keep shooting Joe.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 22 September 2013 10:18:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,
Yes. I am of the notion to stop at once promoting people to their own level of incompetence i.e. the Peter Principal. Why on Earth does the public Service Union protect those who fail in the position they were promoted to ? Why is there so much defence & support from having these people demoted back to the positions they were of to us in ? Why are these people kept at such huge cost to the rest of us ?
I agree if someone is of no use in an office then put into a road gang & if they're any good then they can work their way up until the are just below their level of incompetence. Problem solved & efficiency guaranteed. I work with engineers on 200 grand plus a year plus all the gallivanting from meeting to meeting yet we lowly tradies are forever sorting out their failed designs. We're the ones who become known as crap stirrers by simply doing better than the engineers on Government contracts given to them by incompetent bureaucrats..
Posted by individual, Sunday, 22 September 2013 10:38:06 AM
Gee Individual, I don't know how you manage to go on living in this world of so many dreadful '' bureaucrats' and 'academics' that you so hate.
It seems you think ALL university educated people are the scourge on humanity!

For goodness sake, can't you see that there are good and bad workers at all levels of society?
Don't even get me started on tradies, or we will be here all day...
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 22 September 2013 11:43:11 AM
Suseonline,
don't try a Paul1405, it doesn't suit you. Why, you must be one of those people hence your strong worded defence. No-one, not even I say that they're all bad, not even the greater majority of them are. They are however, the cause of much wastage because as the saying goes 'bad things happen when good people do nothing". We're not talking about the good ones because they're pulling their weight. Most people & by that I mean decent, logical thinking people know that & that's why 99% of the focus is on the excessively expensive non-performers commonly referred to as bureaucrats. You know the kind that has to wait for someone else to make a decision.
The ones who turn a blind eye to their superiors bad judgement etc.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 22 September 2013 12:03:34 PM
Abbott is not shaping up to be a good leader if he signs this agreement.http://www.theglobalmail.org/feature/abbott-open-for-business-and-multinational-law-suits/700/ Labor and John Howard refused to sign these agreements.
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 22 September 2013 12:29:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy