The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Will Abbott abolish Labor's Peter Principle ?

Will Abbott abolish Labor's Peter Principle ?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All
I am hoping like mad that the Coalition under Abbott will address the dreadful legacy of Labor's Public Service appointments & promotions to the extreme levels of incompetence we have witnessed. We must rid ourselves of the heads of departments & all those other senior bureaucrats who simply fail to perform yet are costing us absolute fortunes.
This notion of promoting someone simply because they applied for the position has just about cost us our future. Why on earth aren't these incompetent bureaucrats demoted or at least moved sideways ? Are the unions that callous that they literally condone such massive waste at the expense of many decent taxpayers ?
We need thinkers & decision makers not highly paid officials who follow orders without intelligent judgement.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 22 September 2013 7:40:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indi, where is you evidence for all you claim about the public service, all the gross incompetence, the massive waste etc. Or is due to your overwhelming hatred of public servants, you do display a rabid intolerance for certain sections of the PS. At the same time you have those that you perceive as 'good' servants of the people, police, nurses, firemen etc.
Because of your distorted and somewhat irrational view of public servants you would like nothing better than to see thousands of your fellow hardworking Australians and their families consigned to the scrap heap of unemployment and poverty all to satisfy some irrational hang up of yours!
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 22 September 2013 8:41:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,
I seem to be hitting a nerve with with you at almost every post. I have the proof, can you prove me wrong ?
Posted by individual, Sunday, 22 September 2013 8:59:12 AM
Individual & Paul,

I certainly hope that the Abbott government, in tandem with Warren Mundine's new committee, hacks into the Indigenous bureaucracy and consigns " ... thousands of [my] fellow .... Australians .... to the scrap heap of unemployment ... "

I've worked in a number of Aboriginal organisations, mainly in tertiary education, and have invariably been confronted by " ... the gross incompetence, the massive waste .... " of their management, as well as the bullying, tunnel-vision, racism against both whites and their 'own' people. For example, in one case, the 'managers' assumed that all Indigenous students should do 'Black' courses not 'white', mainstream courses and dismissed staff more or less on that basis.

As well, I have been amazed at the uselessness and parasitism of so many organisations (all on the public purse), and a vile tendency to pathologise their own people and THEN pretend to provide services for them on that basis. Lifelong parasites.

Away with all pests.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 22 September 2013 9:10:51 AM
Loudmouth,
Putting people on the scrap heap & increasing unemployment is not what would help this country to get back on track. Demotion & sideways movement of incompetent people achieves efficiency.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 22 September 2013 9:37:31 AM
Individual, I'm with Loudmouth, keeping useless people on the public payroll is the worst policy possible.

If you see their pay as a way of getting cash into the economy, do it a different way. Raise pensions, or build a road, or fund work gangs to clear rubber vine, & prickly acacia, but stop wasting taxpayer money on these fools. In fact making an example of them may actually cause them to be of some use.

You could even employ the same people on work gangs, but paid what they are worth, & do some good, but sideways promotion is what has made higher education & the bureaucracy so damn inefficient in Oz.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 22 September 2013 9:54:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy