The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Will Abbott abolish Labor's Peter Principle ?

Will Abbott abolish Labor's Peter Principle ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All
chrisgaff1000, "Paul1405, You are A complete pacifistic dunderhead." Why the attempt to insult? Which is water off a ducks back. Your post "It is an attempt bu certain indigenous organizations to improve their cash flow. It will fail." Not that I was "talking" to you, and for good reason, your post is senseless clap trap, What are you "talking" about, do you think you have a monopoly on brains or something?
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 24 September 2013 6:49:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Individual: all you are doing is repeating unsubstantiated allegations. "Some officials have clocked up to $40,000- in travel in just one month" - evidence please.

Some are not credible: "How about a trip a week?" Back to Canberra from a posting in remote Australia once a week? Come on - logistically ridiculous. Some positions might involve a lot of travel to or between several remote locations, but most people stay where the job is located, and yes email and phone and video conferencing is used.

And you are letting anger take over when you "RORT!" - about standard job conditions - pay, travel expenses etc.

I have taken this personally. You are impugning my integrity and that of very many honourable public servants that I know. Further, you scare me. It's disturbing to think that as a really committed Australian public servant, there were other Australians out there who believed I was corrupt by definition, just because I was a public servant.

The increase in this kind of unjustified anger may explain why paramedics and hospital staff get physically attacked these days, and why so many committed public servants get stressed and leave
Posted by Cossomby, Tuesday, 24 September 2013 10:31:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Come on - logistically ridiculous.
Cossomby,
Really, why not spend a week at Cairns Airport & observe for yourself, why not ask the Public service club err, I mean Qantaslink for their passenger lists & who paid for those airfares. Contact the big flash hotels & ask for their bookings & who paid for most of them. Yes, it does sound far fetched doesn't it but it only sounds far fetched because it is fact. You're asking for evidence on the 40 grand worth of travel. Well, if you're so up to date with the public service then you surely also know that such figures can only be revealed at great cost both financially & in stress level.
Those abuses you talk about are a direct result of people losing it because of too much rorting & nothing being done to stop it. I talk to a lot of people about the situation & let me assure you there's a 99% agreement rate that rorting is more than rife in the public service. You may well feel offended by these allegations but the rest of us are offended by the rorting.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 25 September 2013 8:21:27 AM
Cossomby,
Come to think of it, there are hundreds of inquiries from someone farting to someone else declaring they're hard done by but, where is there ever an inquiry into public service rorting ?
How is it that half the country believes in these rorts yet no-ne looks into it on an official level ? I tell you why, because it is so big that they're too scared to ruin the rort industry, that's why.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 25 September 2013 8:28:22 AM
individual,
On the ball as usual you are.
When I was running the only pub/motel in Croydon in west QLD most of my (always the best) accommodation, food and grog was on the government tab usually by indigenous (always half and quarter castes) suits out to help the poor downtrodden brothers of the west. They would stay three or four days and then drive (individually) back to Cairns in their government supplied V8 turbo Toyota 4x4s. Could they drink.
I never ever saw them with clients though.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Wednesday, 25 September 2013 8:59:33 AM
individual: "You're asking for evidence on the 40 grand worth of travel. Well, if you're so up to date with the public service then you surely also know that such figures can only be revealed at great cost both financially & in stress level."

In other words your allegations are based on speculation and rumour.

Of course there will be some people who take whatever they can get away with, that happens in every human organisation (political parties, business, footie clubs, churches). I'm not condoning it, and there need to be tighter controls everywhere.

What I am challenging is your assumption that all public servants are corrupt and that acceptance of standard pay and conditions is rorting.

Come back when you have hard evidence.
Posted by Cossomby, Wednesday, 25 September 2013 9:28:28 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy