The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Fertility rate of 1.8 and we are still murdering our own unborn babies?

Fertility rate of 1.8 and we are still murdering our own unborn babies?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 26
  9. 27
  10. 28
  11. All
@Lexi
I am a realist.
There will always be abortion.
I cannot expect every couple to be 100% careful.
And when they are not, and a child is conceived, I also do not expect everyone to share my strong views.
Yes, there will be abortion clinics and it is much better than driving this underground and threatening the lives of women (even though i strongly oppose abortion in the first place)

I cannot believe you will murder your own child.
No, life starts at conception, the moment the egg is fertilised.
Some country says it is 4 mths...some say 6 mths.
Arguments will then be what about 3 mths 29 days etc etc
That is why I always say if we want to talk about moral issues, we must do it in the context of God, not the country's legal framework.
Human laws and govt are amoral.
You would have noticed how convenient it is for humanists to change the goal posts.

@banjo
morning after pills?
i dont agree to this form of contraception
same for IUDs
any form of contraception that happens AFTER fertilisation is murder
life has already started
the correct contraception will be condoms or spermicides etc.

we see more abortions because youths and their parents are not taught the sanctity of life
we live in a very "me" "I" centric society
this new generation are taught from young they have a right
their own happiness
their own point of view

when confronted with the decision between their own life and blood vs their lifestyle, freedom...financial position or just pure convenience etc, they will not hesistate to terminate a life
they were taught from young, the unborn fetus is not life but a group of cells
Posted by platypus1900, Monday, 19 August 2013 9:00:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
@runner
i believe that as a nation, we will have a lot to answer to God for murdering so many unborn babies

@Fester
my apologies
i should have been clearer
the 1.8 is to say we are already below replacement rate for a culture to be sustainable (2.1 is the minimum)
since we are already so short of babies, why are we still not treasuring them
yes..you are most right, even if we are at 2.1, the argument remains
thks for pointing this fine line

let's take the govt out of the equation for now
i am trying to convince every woman that the child in her womb is a human life
i am trying to tell them if they dont want a baby, take responsible actions to prevent one
i am trying to tell them if they dont want to raise a baby, there are many childless couples...many families who will be happy to adopt the unwanted baby

human life is not acorns
Posted by platypus1900, Monday, 19 August 2013 9:01:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Her body, her choice. '

thats right susie murder or nuture the unborn babies. Unfortunately selfishly many choose murder.
Posted by runner, Monday, 19 August 2013 9:09:16 PM
@suse

precisely because i believe in the sanctity of life that i support capital punishment

i think you can figure that out after a while

yes...her body...her choice, she can have sex
but when she conceives, then a higher moral law takes over...the life of the unborn human
she then loses that right to do what she wants

contraception is not expensive is it?
we are in wealthy australia arent we?
maybe we are really poor after all
killing our own babies because we cannot afford the condoms?

i see so many adverts selling insurance to old people so they have money to cover their funeral expenses (how tragic)
we are not only $$ poor, but also morally bankrupt
Posted by platypus1900, Monday, 19 August 2013 9:10:20 PM
@poirot

you must be pro-life, i assume?
Posted by platypus1900, Monday, 19 August 2013 9:15:09 PM
Platypus,
The point I was making is that there are many options of contraception available, so I don't believe there is a need for many abortions. I do not particularly care if you do not like the way some contraceptives work.

The 1.8% you quote has nothing to do with abortion and you wrongly call it a fertility rate. It is a birth rate. If you count the number of abortions and miscarriages that take place the actual fertility rate is much higher. i.e. Women becoming pregnant.

The birth rate of 1.8% has to do with population increase or decrease and has nothing to do with peoples culture, but population. The population of an area, state or country will decrease at a birth rate of 1.8%. We use immigration to counter that.
Posted by Banjo, Monday, 19 August 2013 10:11:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 26
  9. 27
  10. 28
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy