The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why are Coalition strategists as useless as t...

Why are Coalition strategists as useless as t...

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
A long time friend was over the other day and he saw my invitation to my sitting Labor members campaign launch, with special guest Bob “the silver bodgie” Hawke as guest speaker.
“Are you going,” he asked.
“Oh yeah, of course, gotta see Bob” I replied.

My mate is educated and like me has a great sense of humor. He then started bagging Abbott and said that he would rather have Kev represent us on the world stage than the not so photogenic or wordy Abbott.
“So you’re going to vote for Kev and this lot,” I asked and he nodded his head.

I asked him what our national debt was……his reply $30 BILLION. I told him it would be $300 BILLION in about 5 minutes from now, and after 5 minutes of debating the number he made me look it up on the net. He was astounded, as was I. I was astounded that he didn’t know how deeply in debt we are.

His next question was:
“Why haven’t I heard Abbott raving on about it.”
“I don’t know,” I replied.

Why are the Lib spin doctors scared of the facts? Have Labor cowered them into not mentioning “the war.” They are so wary of being labeled negative, that they dare not tell an uneducated electorate the facts. The Labor party spin team sells us brighter and better tomorrows because they have a track record of failed “todays.” The Liberal media machine should address the “todays,” the policy failures, the hundreds of billions wasted…followed by a plan to get back on track.

What reader of the people is pulling Abbotts strings? Abbott is never going to be the milky bar kid, so he has nothing to lose by making Labor accountable. Perhaps the disinterested who vote on personalities will vote to end the draining of their pockets if they knew about it.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 4 August 2013 7:52:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
they are useless
because the same public service
the same lobby..the same elite autocratic powers run them all

the real crime is..its them..or us
and were both got the same aghenda

to take as much wage tax from the peons..to bailout ..yet again..the too big too big fail too rich to jail..boondoggles..receiving nice tax free govt income

WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE INCOME TAX
not wage tax..wage isnt income!

but the 60%..opf lawyers..[in
govt]..KNOW this..even as they too spin.. the sin
we loose they win

welcom to the new demonic-mockey
demonic-auto-crazey..[better known as democracy*..sic
Posted by one under god, Monday, 5 August 2013 9:27:09 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OUG, you are of course correct......but what I am whinging about is the fact that some in the electorate will vote for Labor on personalities. But they are ignorant to the state of the nation due to a Labor bias media.

As an example Kev hooked into a journalist re the economy with the comeback "we still have a AAA credit rating" and the journalist said nothing in response. Nothing about the largest dollar debt we have incured. Nothing about having to raise the Commonwealths debt threshhold 3 times in 6 years. Nothing about the 20% of GDP our debt has now reached.
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 5 August 2013 9:42:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
i agree sonofgolin..but recall how much the media has perverted
from news reporting to commentary and polls/sport's rorting.

the news isnt news..the go0od stuf
is kept private/in confidence..archived for half centuries

only released after the scumm..OF BOTH SIDES..[of the autocratic/demonic autocracy..tax free/trust]..has scooped off the cream..into the secured family trust fund..

already the best..we can hope for is hung parliament
then special interests..running their power plays

to wit no carbon tax from any..govt i..
[need to feign..to lead]

what we really need is a 'war cabinet'
with both parties ..:sharing powers/ministries'..according to the vote recorded..one [the looser taking the auditing role..the other initiating policy..it has promised]

but its all a waste of breath
as the fo-cuss group rejected it..when said..in plain speak

to those who dont grok
dont vote
Posted by one under god, Monday, 5 August 2013 10:56:23 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There's debt and then there's debt.
There's debt used to fund infrastructure and maintain employment and there's debt to fund election campaigns.

When Howard rolled out his "debt truck" it showed the gross (private plus government) debt but when in government he talked only about government debt.

The truck was quietly retired because gross debt under his watch blew right out as private debt skyrocketed. Total foreign debt per person doubled during that time and despite $46.1 billion in privatisation income all we had to show for it in the end was a some school flagpoles and a dud railway line to Alice Springs.

Now is the time for (both) leaders to drop the spin and deliver some hard facts.
Posted by wobbles, Monday, 5 August 2013 1:16:59 PM
one under god>> what we really need is a 'war cabinet'
with both parties<<

OUG the only thing that the lib and Labor front bench have in common is that they are nearly all lawyers....which means they have nothing in common with the plebs.

Wobbles>> When Howard rolled out his "debt truck" it showed the gross (private plus government) debt but when in government he talked only about government debt.<<

Wobbs, current govt debt is about 20% of GDP, Which is not the historic high, that goes to Keating/ Bob who had it at 33% of GDP. Howard retired that debt with the help of selling off our gold reserves.

I look at the bastards on both sides of the political fence and find no ideology that suits me, they both seek the centre, but I do find dollar achievements from one and dollar mismanagement from the other.

But the way I see it Wobbs, one bastard sold our bank and the other sold our gold. Both acted because the IMF whispered in the right and left ear.

Neither side represent the ordinary pleb, fifty years ago both sides did.
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 5 August 2013 2:33:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy