The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why I think the carbon tax/ETS is wrong

Why I think the carbon tax/ETS is wrong

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I can only wonder at how the many drownings and electrocutions are rationalised.
Fester,
I'd imagine quite a few. What i have found in my own little investigations is that some bureaucrats will literally let millions get wasted as long as they can submit nicely, rose-coloured reports to their regulators etc. it doesn't concern them if the place is falling into a heap time & time again as long as no-one higher up is a wake-up to them or is simply just as bad & does nothing either. I have actually called it quits with good old mate because he is one of those people who think the tax will eventually save the planet. I could not stomach such silliness & rather go it by myself.
I have spoken with bureaucrats who openly say they're not going to be around by the time the proverbial hits the fan. All they focus on is getting a huge pension for next to nothing achieved in their work. I get into some situations where these people could literally sacrifice the income for several families just to protect their selfish plans. Everyone of those bureaucrats I speak with is anti Abbott. Does that tell you something ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 20 July 2013 2:37:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Doog, nowhere have I mentioned that these certificates can only be held by poluters, however, all poluters need to purchase them to pollute, therefore, as they decline in number, the price is most likely to increase.

Imdi
Another thing that puzzles me is why Rudd has chose to hold his great ideas from the rest of his party while Gillard was at the helm.

Surely if a party is to be functional it must put all options on the table.

It appears this was not the case with the Gillard led government, at least not from Rudds corner anyway, as in just three weeks he has scrapped the carbon tax and found a solution (yet to be tested) for the illegals.

It would suggest that either he was asleep at the wheel previously, or, they were his ideas and nobody else was going to steel his thunder.

Either way, it's certainly not displaying the characteristics of a well functioning team, strong leader or not.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 20 July 2013 6:03:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The ideas were put together long ago, but parliament was still sitting.
We did not need another Malaysia, no vote. Big polluters will demise, or get with the program. It's not compulsory to pollute. Renewables are having a big effect on output now. And that is not going to stop. So the bigger the price the better off we will be. High carbon price will hasten the installation of clean energy.
So the sky is not going to fall in as we are led to believe, it will just get cleaner.
Posted by doog, Sunday, 21 July 2013 6:42:32 AM
So tell me doog, how will higher taxes on carbon force generators to cut their emmisioms, especially considering they can just pass the increases on?
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 21 July 2013 6:45:52 AM
They are cutting their omissions now. People are not using as much power. The higher the price of electricity to generate the less will be used. The govt; sets the price for electricity, All power goes into the same pool, you can't separate renewable and coal power. The current price for power is $ 54.00 / mw .
With so much renewable in the pool coal power has to take the govt; pricing no matter what it costs them to produce it.
Work out the cost of a kWh of power and see how much you are being ripped off.
Posted by doog, Sunday, 21 July 2013 7:36:33 AM
<High carbon price will hasten the installation of clean energy.>

Quite the opposite I would think. I would like cleaner and cheaper energy as much as anyone, but the technology does not yet exist. So by making fossil fuel more expensive you make the economy weaker, and weaker economies have less ability to solve problems. Pertinently, you might note that renewable research funding has been cut in Australia for this reason.
Posted by Fester, Sunday, 21 July 2013 7:42:00 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy