The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why I think the carbon tax/ETS is wrong

Why I think the carbon tax/ETS is wrong

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I'm calling an ebb in the tide.

Up to now there has been little more than hallelujahs and choral singing by the media about Kevin.However, in the last 24 hours I detected a change, an as yet small measure of doubt:

-How can he overturn the carbon tax if the ALP's Green allies don't play ball?
-How are the carbon tax reforms going to save us when the ALP has been telling us for the last 2-3 years that the carbon tax hadn't imposed any additional costs, and any talk of such was baseless scaremongering?
-How will he resolve the illegal boaties issues without alienating the ALP left or the ALP right?
-How many of the policy changes he's announced has --the new consultative Kevin--actually discussed with the rest of the party?

Could it be he is not the messiah after-all?
Posted by SPQR, Wednesday, 17 July 2013 2:41:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The ETS price has only one way to go.
The European Commission has voted to remove millions of credits from
the market. They are doing this because they believe E6 is too low.

The Australian Treasury is forecasting A$50 to A$71 in future years.
It means, long term, that the European Commission will have control of
a significant part of our economy. We don't get a vote.

Do those on here think that is a good thing ?
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 17 July 2013 5:59:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes SPQR, one can't help but wonder what the process was when labor passed all this legislation they constantly crow about.

Did the party have a say in this, or, was it just Julia and a selected few.

I say this, because if it were in fact the party as a whole, how then did they get it so wrong that it now needs to be repealed by K Rudd.

Is it just Rudd, or has the party miraculously changed it's mind?

Now hers the interesting bit, if it were Julia that made this happen, then she and labor must be slow learners, as it was Rudds arrogance that cost him his position in the first place.

If it was the party as a whole, then apart from being the crowd favorite, what influence can just one man have, because we must remember, we are voting for a PM which we are collectively placing our futures in

Food for thought hey!

Lexi, if the bringing back of Kevin either sees Abbott lift his game, or a better person lead the libs, then we as a nation will be better for it.

As for the polls, I say just wait until the OFFICIAL election campaign begins, as the libs will have equal campaigning dollars to labor.

It's hard to win a fight with one hand tied behind ones back, financially that is.

Personally, I can't wait till it's GAME ON and my bet is that labor will need at least a ten pecent lead in the so called polls to have any chance as there are simply too many stuff ups to defend.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 18 July 2013 6:50:06 PM
Sorry Lexi, wrong thread.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 18 July 2013 6:51:13 PM
What is the difference between trading carbon credits as to trading shares. No one is going to own anyone.
Turnbull is the future of the libs. Not the unintelligible rabbott.
Co2 don't exist cos ya can't see it.
Posted by doog, Friday, 19 July 2013 4:09:46 PM
Huge difference doog, as unlike shares, whereby they always represent the total capitalized value of a company,these certificates will be reduced in number and, as Long as the demand for energy continues, so to will the demand for these certs, therefore, their value will increase, not decrease, because like it or not, as long as the cost of polluting can be passed on to the consumer, ETS certificates will simply be a permit to pollute.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 20 July 2013 8:07:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy