The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > First court case of forced marriage

First court case of forced marriage

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All
This is the only case of forced marriage that I have seen in Australia.

Given the number of immigrants arriving here from many countries I am sure there would be many more forced marriages if they could be uncovered. I feel so sorry for a young woman forced by family to marry a much older man to settle a debt or because she was promised by her parents.

Polygamy exists, FGM is practiced here as does forced marriage and maybe other alien cultural practices. We need to enforce our laws to preserve our culture.

Multiculturalism in action! It is not all colourfull parades and beer festivals.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/family-court-rules-young-indian-couples-forced-marriage-null-and-void/story-fndo471r-1226502660802
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 14 March 2013 10:46:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Banjo, you are very good at innuendo "I am sure there would be many more forced marriages", "and maybe other alien cultural practices".
As you sit on the veranda of your 'Queenslander' way up there in The Deep Deep North, with a XXXX in hand, ponder the thought that the Queen of England is in a union with a man because of an "arranged" marriage, as was her son Charles involved in a most unhappy arranged marriage. Not that I support arranged marriages, seems it happens in other than the cultures you like to refer to, so often.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 15 March 2013 8:18:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,
You make me laugh, not with you but at you.

Being green you believe in the ideology of multiculturalism, whereby all peoples get on, no matter what their culture, and all aspects of cultural practice should be allowed.

So tell is there any cultural practices that you would not allow in our society and what are they, if any.

You know I could list a whole raft of practices that our society would find objectionable, forced marriagesis is but one.

Given the number of immigrants that come from societies where forced marriages is common, it is very naive to think that the particular practice is not carried on here. In the UK, it is estimated there are 3000 forced marriages per year and a number of what police call 'balcony deaths' of girls who either suicide or are helped off the balcony because they object to being forced to marry.
Posted by Banjo, Friday, 15 March 2013 9:02:27 AM
Multiculturalism: turning racism into multi-racism.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 15 March 2013 12:18:02 PM
Multiculturalism = Divide and Conquer.
Posted by Austin Powerless, Friday, 15 March 2013 1:25:44 PM
Banjo I agree, and with your words to my lost left of reality mate Paul.
But must add this.
I told you of my days as just a kid, nearly, working in Sydney.
Young Greeks, fresh arrivals working in a place I had a pick up at.
Said Mother insisted they go home to find a wife!
Not marry an Aussie s*&^%.
But in truth we in this country should be disturbed that the true left even womens lib, turns its head at the dreadful truth, and life, some of these women live.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 15 March 2013 2:20:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy