The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > First court case of forced marriage

First court case of forced marriage

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All
Dear Banjo,

You wrote: "When MC was forced upon us, the immigrants were told they could carry on just like in the old country and it was up to us to adapt to their ways."

Please cite exactly when and where 'the immigrants were told they could carry on just like in the old country and it was up to us to adapt to their ways.'

They may ignore Australian laws, but they were not told they were free to do so. Your statement remains false.
Posted by david f, Friday, 15 March 2013 9:08:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Banjo,

It was patently obvious what you were trying to do with your post so do not try and slice it any other way.

Right now I have a really short fuse for such crap. It is divisive, destructive and dangerous and has to stop. It is people like you who serve this tripe up constantly that we have to watch now. In some ways it is like living with someone with Tourettes, it issues forth with little thought. When something is a rarity and a well understood condition one might sympathise and adjust, just like we have done with runner for the most part.

But unlike Tourettes this is becoming a transmittable disease with a very real risk of infecting others. Disinfecting rubbish like your opening post has become a matter of urgency.

How about rereading what you have written and think about whether the evidence you provided justified in any way the immigrant bashing you have just engaged in.
Posted by csteele, Friday, 15 March 2013 10:22:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
csteele you tell of your short fuse, and lay charges against Banjo, may I bring this to your attention?
You disappoint me, every time you post, some fine posters flock to support the very thing I fear most.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, blind to the reality's of todays world.
Forgive me for constantly thinking you are a woman.
Banjo and I are completely different in politics.
I however have zero doubt he started this thread to warn and show his concerns,as he has many times, about the fate of women, in other parts of the world and in OUR COUNTRY.
My childhood leftist days, driven to reality by such as you, left at least equality for women world wide burning within me.
Not just Muslims but many races treat females as lessor beings.
Where is your concern for them? for India's rape and tortured women.
How can the PC driven left live with the horror of life for women in Asia and the Muslim country,s.
How dare you! be silent on them but insult Banjo for highlighting a truth.
Citizens of this country and indeed the western world are being forced in to marriage.
Can you ignore that, jump over that truth, to defame Banjo?
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 16 March 2013 7:26:10 AM
Belly>> But in truth we in this country should be disturbed that the true left even womens lib, turns its head at the dreadful truth, and life, some of these women live<<

Belly I think these women get a touch of the "Stockholm Syndrome."
Posted by sonofgloin, Saturday, 16 March 2013 8:36:11 AM
Women are mistreated, and all religions I know of support it. Nevertheless csteele has called it right. Immigrants have not been encouraged to violate Australian law by any government entity as Banjo claimed in his statement: "When MC was forced upon us, the immigrants were told they could carry on just like in the old country and it was up to us to adapt to their ways."

Multiculturalism has not been forced on us. Many Australians approve of it. English-speaking countries have previously attempted to force immigrants to behave like the English. It was called the 'melting pot'. My wife's mother came from Norway. When she was asked her religion and answered, "Lutheran" the immigration officer wrote 'Church of England' as she wasn't Catholic.

Multiculturalism does not encourage immigrants to break Australian laws. It merely encourages them to keep aspects of their culture without being shunned because of that. There is fear and hate of those with a different language, religion, nationality or nationality. It is called xenophobia, and multiculturalism is an attempt to counter that fear. Banjo exploits it.
Posted by david f, Saturday, 16 March 2013 8:57:09 AM
David f,
The immigrants were told by the community liason officers they could carry on their culture as before and by other immigrants, as indeed we were told that we had to adapt to other cultures.

Nonody specificly told them they could break the law, but some do so because we fail to enforce our laws. for example, the mother and Uncle who forced the marriage in the article were not charged and to date no one has yet to answer to a court relating to FGM, yet the is plenty of evidence that FGM is practiced here.

If you had not heard of being able to carry on with your own culture, perhaps your tribe were not diverse enough for it to be mentioned. Groups that came from the UK or Ireland missed out on government grants because they were not ethnic enough.

Much time and money was spent on the big lie of 'Unity in diversity'

Yet, even soccer clubs had to change their names in attempt to reduce the violence between ethnic groups.
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 16 March 2013 9:31:59 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All