The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Nordic Countries defund 'Gender Theory'

Nordic Countries defund 'Gender Theory'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Where the original hypothesis is based on an ad hominem, there is no adequate peer review and yet the feminist 'findings' are presented as fact to society, what other conclusion can be reached than quackery and with self-serving and in some cases malicious intent?

We have had it argued here already in defence of these frauds that feminism cannot even be defined because it is a 'broad church'. Honestly, that is giving a licence for fraud.

Where there are many millions of taxpayers' dollars at stake annually it is only reasonable to demand specific measurable, attainable goals and measures for success. Otherwise, put the money into homeless kids and hospitals.
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 16 March 2013 3:56:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Suseonline, the website of the NIKK (Nordic Information on Gender) states

"The Nordic Gender Institute, NIKK, was closed down on 31 December 2011 as an independent institute following a decision by the Nordic ministers for gender equality."

http://www.nikk.no/English/About_NIKK/
Posted by Men's Health Australia, Saturday, 16 March 2013 6:04:00 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for that clarification Men's Health Australia.

I read the link you provided and was pleased to see that NIKK was only moved to another location, and that the work will continue to provide information on gender equality to Nordic countries and internationally.

"Now NIKK is going to be transformed into a co-operative body which means that NIKK will be located in another institution. The aim is to save money in ways that will release funds for other activities in Nordic gender equality co-operation."

So there is no actual 'defunding' of their work as such...
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 16 March 2013 7:16:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think it's fair to say that feminist bigotry is tolerated in circumstances where other forms of prejudice are not and that the majority of high profile, left leaning Feminists are unwholesome bigots.
It's perhaps inaccurate to accuse advocates of Feminist theory and gender studies of being anti science since they are first and foremost artistic disciplines, I did an arts degree myself many years ago and the lecturers would sometimes say the most outrageous things but very few people ever pulled them up on it.
The other point is that artists are often pretty neurotic people and due to the liberal nature of the art world the views and practices of the loopier ones are given the same status and intellectual weight as the more level headed. It's a world where the works of William S Burroughs and G.K Chesterton are considered equal and by the same token the artistic creations of someone like Susan Brownmiller or Andrea Dworkin are taken as seriously as those of Ayn Rand or Emily Bronte.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Saturday, 16 March 2013 7:59:46 PM
As one who tried to answer Vanna's challenge regarding the anti-male focus of Austalian feminist academics I'd suggest the onus is one those who don't consider the generalisatiin to be valid to prove thats the case. I spent a fair bit of time looking for something positive said about men or masculinity by Australian academics identified as feminist (and tried to be broad in that criteria) and found the tone overwhelmingly negative about men or masculinity. The material I've seen when it deals with facts consistently misrepresents the overall picture by ignoring relevant parts of the picture to paint women as victims, men as perpetrators or the problem.

ChazP pretty much summed up what appears to be the institutional feminist position if my experience with them is typical 'The selective use/misuse of information is part and parcel of any debate.' http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=12255#212833

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Saturday, 16 March 2013 8:01:16 PM
RObert, "ChazP pretty much summed up what appears to be the institutional feminist position if my experience with them is typical 'The selective use/misuse of information is part and parcel of any debate.' http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=12255#212833"

Where there are millions of taxpayer $$ available....
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 16 March 2013 8:37:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All