The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Feminism - I have no problem with it, or for what it represents:

Feminism - I have no problem with it, or for what it represents:

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
No-one is prepared to grasp the nettle presented by Erin Pizzey and other female researchers and authors. But why not?

To be blunt, feminism as it was construed by radical feminists who were indeed Marxists and man haters was based on an ad hominen. It was and is led by an academic feminism that built a political correctness based on many deliberate flaws in reasoning and in fact.

However there is no disputing three simple truths:

first, that young women are revulsed by the obvious unfairnesses and hypocrisy of a movement that relies on the unfathomable and so often blatantly wrong prognostications of self-serving female academics and other careerists who have been shown to put their conclusions first and make the research fit;

second, women who challenge the political correctness and untruths are bullied ruthlessly as traitor to the cause; and

thirdly, it is patently obvious that only a narrow group of women comprising of educated middle class careerists get to propose and benefit from feminism.

Just taking the last, the political correctness of feminism treats all women as the same. Yet women themselves differ more in expectations, needs and desired futures than they differ from men. As well, all but few women are constantly moving though transitions that were and are always completely normal for women.

One only has to live the day of a woman in these roles to understand just how feminism has forgotten them and how just a few of the educated middle class Sisterhood have networked together to ensure their own needs are paramount. Favouritism in recruitment and promotion continues to advantage the annointed ones and those who kowtow to feminist networks like Emilys List.

There are women who have excelled off their own bat through competence and hard work. Such women are iregarded with suspicion and ignored by the feminist bandwagon.

There are many millions of dollars in the victim industries spawned by the feminists who hijacked feminism and Erin Pizzey is right in her assessment. But there are younger researchers who say the same. Like Erin Pizzey, they are similarly cold-shouldered and abused.
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 12 March 2013 12:17:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there good people...

Wow, I had no idea how academic, how intense this topic could be ?

I've no truck with anybody, male or female who present and then behave in a radical manner. There's no reason for it these days. However, there may be a legitimate exception to that view ? And that is women who have suffered, both physically and psychologically at the hands of a (cowardly) male person ?

And if victims of this awful crime find it necessary to become radical, in order to ensure they'll be thoroughly heard by those in authority who are obligated with safeguarding them - Is to become singularly radical, then more power to them !

Though It's my profound belief, it's a man's 'duty' to protect all females within his immediate family group ! I understand my views might be seen as somewhat cavalier even insouciant. Even so it's my view, a view from which I'd not care to abandon. Further, by 'protect' I don't mean pistols at ten paces, nor twelve rounds under Queensburys rules, I belive we all understand the common exegesis of 'protect' in the year 2013 ?
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 12 March 2013 3:26:18 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu,

The very nasty brand of feminism applied in Australia has a variety of deleterious consequences for most women. In some areas the baby has been thrown out with the bathwater, for example the vexing problems for breastfeeding women, or 'breeders' if one wants to adopt the truly offensive, judgmental language of the 'Left Progressives' so well represented in the educated middle class women who have always hijacked feminism.

Creating a gender divide that must affect the young and the encouragement and proliferation of fatherless families are two other examples. In fact, from the feminist policies applied to family law by ministers like Nicola Roxon, fathers have no role outside of opening their wallet.

Nothing has been done on the big issues affecting women in their major transitions in life (apart from giving the career leg up to educated middle class women), nor to help women in the roles most expect and choose with relish and as their natural birth right. The lack of attention to transport, shopping, local communication and support are just some examples.

Women have lost out badly in city design, transport planning, you name it. But none of that would cross the minds of the educated middle class elite who have a strangle hold on advising and implementing women's policy in government. Such women enjoy sinecures in well paid careers for as long as they like and with a golden handshake to be gone with. Remember Nicola Roxon who could take her leave at a young age and enjoy a superb taxpayer funded superannuation and travel for life?

Equality is a motherhood. But feminism is directed into advantaging the noisy, manipulative who have hijacked it and were always advantaged to start with. Feminism for some is a jolly nice little earner in a victim industry that takes millions annually from the trough of taxpayers' money.
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 12 March 2013 10:43:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Feminism couldn't exist without the excesses in the entertainment industry. It is designed to foster & further homosexuality with thoughts of contempt only for normal people.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 March 2013 7:49:16 AM
Good afternoon to you ONTHEBEACH and INDIVIDUAL...

I raised a rather stupid topic for my own part. Truth is I'm right out of my depth with the real intricacies and specifics of what the issues are.

I understand what you've said ONTHEBEACH about accommodating the real needs of women, such as privacy and protection in public places and on public transport, as a couple of examples. In fact I heard one suggestion, which was roundly denounced even laughed at, to paint certain railway carrieges for late night services, pink ? For the express use of females only ? And such carriages located at the front of each train.

Myself, I don't know about painting them pink, but the general proposition of having female specific carriages for late night services, has merit. Given the number I women I've known who've suffered some very savage assaults on trains.

Would you both agree then, this whole topic of 'feminism', is not so much about an isolated gender aberration. Rather that of a stated series of 'rights' precisely orianted torwards the absolute access by all women to the highest vocational and political positions that are available !

Simply, these women who describe themselves as 'feminist' demand to be empowered to seek, and to avail themselves to the full suite of ENTITLEMENTS that are now available, seemingly only to males.

That aside, I believe there's a hardcore group of women, who loudly proclaim and identify themselves with 'feminists', who're not anything of the kind. They are simply trying to use that epithet in an attempt to legitimise or validate their particular lifestyle. To permit their group to wear, to act or adorn themselves as they wish, all in the name of 'feminisim'. Aren't they already allowed to do as they wish now ?
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 13 March 2013 2:51:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
On special carriages for women, that is fostering the abysmally wrong assumption and stereotyping that most violence is directed at woman and that 'men' are the 'problem'. There were always laws - already duplicated by transport regulations- that apply. It is a detection and judicial problem: too few to police the laws and offenders get a slap on the wrist.

Looking at feminism and particularly the many dysfunctional consequences (unintended, one hopes charitably) one must ask the question, "Who gains?".

In answer there are many on the gravy train who benefit. But they are educated middle class careerists, not ordinary women, who are no different from any ordinary person in the street regardless of sex or age. There are some gains (most from the civil rights movement of the Sixties) but significant, irretrievable losses too.

Did you follow the link in this thread (below)?

Nordic Countries defund 'Gender Theory'
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=5676
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 13 March 2013 9:18:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy