The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > WA Tsunami

WA Tsunami

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
It takes a crushing defeat for some senior Labor figures to state the obvious:

<Former West Australian Labor premier Geoff Gallop said the state election result reflected the electorate's view of his party.

"The public are looking in and they don't like what they see," Dr Gallop told Sky News.

"They don't like the way it works, they don't like the way it functions."

Dr Gallop said Labor had to reform its structure or it would continue to struggle.

"Until they do that, it will battle," he said>

But will the massive loss be sufficient to dislodge the cynical men and women who find benefit in that dysfunction and convert the policy and even the assets of the Party to their own benefit?
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 10 March 2013 1:19:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A truth I have no answers to.
Not a surprise,and not a comforting one.
I knew our fate and wrote of it here.
I in my daily swim in the media, saw both the cabinet, substitute Labor right, backing the Stone around Labors neck, Gillard, and those who put it there, themselves.
Too a debate to be aired tonight about that filth Obied, and the hollow shallow, non-men who let him use them, and my party.
Hollow? not the word for how I feel this morning.
See I remember Labors bright promise, under Rudd.
I see the very near death, under Gillards supporters, even now planning to reward themselves, post trashing of my party by giving the head knife man, her/Rudd,s job.
Yet I can, if totally brain damaged, be happy my lifes love, my union, the owner of that knife, sang SOLIDARITY FOREVER and its head,a man like Shorten I once, maybe stil Idolized thought would change voters minds.
And his words, straight out of mad Magazine! that those opposing my party,s death/Gillard, should shut up!
There by not only claiming ownership of my party, its past and future, but voters/members right to be different.
Reform Labor?
Please do but are there tens of Eddy [filth[] Obead riding my party to death,in the same self interest not the party,s?
Posted by Belly, Monday, 11 March 2013 6:06:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Labor in WA was just wiped off the map for the same reason it will be annihilated at the September election: TAXES!

Voters don't want the carbon tax. It's a threat to their well-being.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 11 March 2013 10:13:17 AM
certainly the wipe out of the Greens gives some hope that people are starting to think rationally.
Posted by runner, Monday, 11 March 2013 11:21:44 AM
We must keep in mind that W Bush was elected twice and look what he did to the world.
The inmates of WA are going to be sorry of course just as the Queenslanders are.
We are all going to rue the day that Abbott becomes Pope, er sorry Prime Miniature.
Posted by Robert LePage, Monday, 11 March 2013 12:33:25 PM
Dear Robert LePage,

Labor will be outed at the next election because Gillard deceived the nation by introducing the carbon tax behind their backs.

1. People don't like taxes that they perceive as having an adverse effect on their lives; and 2. They don't like it even more when they think it has been introduced by deception.

Goodbye Julia! Hello Tony! Sounds like a good title for a book.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 11 March 2013 12:47:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy