The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Inclusiveness in politics

Inclusiveness in politics

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I think as the election nears and events in state and Territory gets interesting we can talk.
About the internal factions within all party,s.
And I think, other than the take over of the ALP by a facton, such factions are healthy.
We only however need to look at the party,s that came to life as splits from the main, Democrats from the Liberals.
And let us not forget One Nation was born from within them too.
Greens it can be said are as near as you can get to a split from Labor
DLP, once so dear to Tony Abbott was a split too..
My thoughts and point is as every party has factions maybe we benefit from keeping the factions within the whole.
What do others think about factions?
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 7 March 2013 5:56:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"My (Belly) thoughts and point is as every party has factions maybe we benefit from keeping the factions within the whole."
Take one look at what factionalism has done to the ALP, it has all but destroyed the party. The Labor Right has taken over, divested the party of any kind of grass roots democracy. Power has been placed in the hands of the parties ruling elite, who through deal and cronyism control all.
Labor no longer is a party of inclusion, the ideals it once stood for have been dumped in favor of pragmatism for the sake of power.
To put it bluntly, now the chickens are coming home to rust.
p/s No factions in The Green.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 7 March 2013 9:57:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I dunno' Belly.

I don't have a problem with the question or the answers but your lot have only 191 days to come up with a solution. Given that it was not sorted after the NSW election, nor was it addressed for the QLD election, I guess you are all going down with the Red Queeen.
Posted by spindoc, Thursday, 7 March 2013 12:59:10 PM
Spindoc if it is pain you wish to inflict on me look no further than Saturday in WA.
I actually want to look at what I think are the benefits to Liberals Nationals, and not right now, but some times the ALP.
First are there negatives, in not having factions, room in the tent for other views.
The DLP should have proved to my mob, some of who seem intent on re-birthing some thing if not like them as much of a pain in that part as they proved to be.
Katter like the greens and Democrats, One Nation , family first, any 9over ripened egg you choose, can only have impact by Blackmailing governments.
Are say 88% of voters served by the owners of 12% ruling on such issues as shooting in national parks?
Let us first rebut the charge Liberals , or any party, has no factions.
They all do, even the greens and Katters mad hatters.
If we look at the pro,s and cons about just that, factions, and see what our partys would be if they just had one view on every thing.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 7 March 2013 3:05:57 PM
Good afternoon to you, BELLY ol' man...

I will admit I'm not at all acquainted with the various factions within Labour, but do you as an experienced Labour scholar believe these factions augur well for the party as whole ?

To me, isn't it the old story of divide and conquer, and surely in these arbitrary times, isn't it best to maintain a rock solid, united front for the Australian Electorate, rather than continue with this factionalism ? Which I believe many of the previous, dedicated Labour supporters, are now decidedly sick of ? Particularly after the reprehensible behaviour of some, within the NSW right, and their alleged criminality ?

Still, I don't believe the Liberal Party, (State or Federal) would like to bare their collective souls either ? For any close examination or judicial scrutiny ?

I've even heard there's political turmoil in Melbourne, with the unexpected resignation of their Liberal Premier. And certain suggestions of malfeasance by their Police Minister and Deputy Premier ?

BELLY old mate, I vote we lock'em all up, and lose the key !

I jest of course ? Nevertheless, in my entire adult life, I've never been so utterly and wholly disenchanted, by the complete absence of integrity, and lack of principles, as displayed by ALL our Polititians ?

None, sorry I'll say that a little louder - 'N O N E' are worthy of representing anyone in this country. Each and every one of them, should be divested of EVERY single benefit and allowence they've allegedly incurred. And it should be immediately mandated, that they repay every single cent they've fraudulently misused and squandered in our name. I believe you'd support this measure too BELLY, given how hard you and your team had to toil, for even a modest payrise ?

Seems all we do is talk, whinge, talk, whinge, and talk and whinge some more...until we're all hoarse ? Still, nothing changes, does it?
They just treat us as fools. Perhaps we are ? We must be, we simply continue to tacitly accept it ?
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 7 March 2013 3:29:36 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, "My thoughts and point is as every party has factions maybe we benefit from keeping the factions within the whole.
What do others think about factions?"

To be frank and as one human to another, you are going through some internal questioning of what Labor is about and you are repulsed by what you are finding. We all attempt at first to make excuses and rationalise when we find our life views challenged. However if you pull the rug up and sweep the dirt under, then pretend there is no lump you will always feel bad. You cheat yourself, not good.

You know that Labor is not what Labor was. Like the unions Labor has been corroded from within by some very nasty and unrelenting influences and by individuals and groups pursuing their own venal interests. In the microcosm and for far lesser alleged misbehaviour, two football clubs from different codes are being dragged through the mud. In their case would you seek to excuse by saying others might do the same?

Belly, it is better that Labor itself cleans the rubbish out. But like the footy clubs that is not going to happen while the same senior managers can escape by claiming that like the proverbial monkey, they did not see, hear, nor do no (proved) evil themselves.

The many good Labor men and women need the electorate's help to dislodge as many of the Gillard look-alikes as is possible. These people are mercenary, unprincipled and are using the Party and government power entirely for their own benefit.
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 7 March 2013 3:39:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy