The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > To Be or Not To Be? That Is The Problem.

To Be or Not To Be? That Is The Problem.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Seven months out from the next election and Julia Gillard has just realised that she now has so much spare time on her hands that she can start pretending to be a prime minister.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 23 February 2013 11:40:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think that's because the public will elect a strong leader, whereas to be effective in a hung parliament is to be the master of compromise. Compromise in a leader is not usually seen as a strength.
Posted by RandomGuy, Sunday, 24 February 2013 5:07:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I see too much misery around me despite of record public funding to ever make me tick the square next to Labor on the ballot paper again. I fail to see what Julia Gillard could do to make me support her. she'd need to turn me into a self centred moron first.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 24 February 2013 5:43:37 PM
I could possibly support Gillard the person if she:

Gives us a total disclosure of Slater and Gordon, the slush fund, the house purchased with union funds, and the chunky union boyfriend.

Admits she lied when she told Australia she'd talked to East Timor's President.

Admits she lied about a carbon tax because she knew that it was going to happen if she had to form govt with the Greens.

Admits she lied to Wilkie.

Admits she stabbed Kev in the gonads as supported by a victory speech written by her office staff two weeks before the Ides of March.

Finally admits that she will say anything to anybody to further her personal ambitions, and then I might find her risen from the ashes like a chaste Phoenix.

But until then she is just another lying politician with an obscene pension to look forward to and no reason to look back at us.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 24 February 2013 8:09:48 PM
When politicians like Gillard can become prime minister (albeit by stealth) it just goes to demonstrate that democracy is far from perfect. But it is still the best political system around. We just have to be content to take the bad ones from time to time.

You can't really blame her for being a liar. After all, she is a lawyer.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 24 February 2013 8:27:02 PM
<<Julia Gillard has just realised that she now has so much spare time on her hands that she can start pretending to be a prime minister.>>

Thank you, Mr. Opinion, now I finally understand why I am not a prime minister.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgM1Df76S5c
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 25 February 2013 12:58:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy