The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > To Be or Not To Be? That Is The Problem.

To Be or Not To Be? That Is The Problem.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Individual do not blame her for that you did that long ago your self.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 25 February 2013 7:28:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It seems to me that it's so easy to blame
the Prime Minister for the general behaviour
and direction of the party she formally leads.
However is she really solely responsible for
the mess the party is in at present?

As Eva Cox points out:

"She's done a good job holding together a
diverse and quite difficult group of votes in the
Senate and the House of Reps and has pursued the
business of government with some efficiency with many
bills going through unopposed and many others passed
with narrow margins.
In that sense, her role as head of the executive
process of government has been impeccable. So why are
people suggesting she goes?"

Eva Cox tell us that:

"Personally the Prime Minister has many characteristics
to be admired. She's got a strong sense of who she is,
what she stands for, she has many negotiator skills,
the ability to stay cool and collected under considerable
pressure, she's a good parliamentary performer,
and I suspect a warm personality up close."

Fixing the problems of the Australian Labor Party requires
more than changed leadership. The control by right-wing
party machine men will still be there if the PM was
removed or left.
Posted by Lexi, Monday, 25 February 2013 9:33:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Yuyutsu,

You're welcome. Anything else I can help you with?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 25 February 2013 10:29:16 AM
Lexi, that's the problem, she doesn't lead any party, as she is simply the front person, a puppet, who's strings are pulled by others (the faceless men).

You have to remember that these are the same faceless men who knived the most popularly voted labor PM since Bob.

It, ( the faceless men) is the fundamental flaw in the labor party structure, that, and their pandering to the unions.

Julias problem is that there are only 24 hours in each day, and when you take out the hours spent trying to stabilize the sinking ship, there is little time left to govern.

Even when she does sleep, she does so with one eye open, in fear of yet another challenge from Kevin, or whoever else the faceless men send to the chopping block.

This whole hung parliament experiment, with her support from the independents, condured out of sheer desparation, has been a total failure, and will ultimately be her, and her supporters (Oakshot and Windsor) downfall.

I am now starting to think that it was the faceless men who set the election date, as the extremely long period would give them time to replace her should the polls turn badly.

I guess we have to wait to see what their definition of 'badly' is.

I also see a change in Tony Abbott, and although some of his newfound popularity has come from the smell of laor, I think he will continue to gain in popularity in his own right.

Finally, I also think people can see through labor's attacks on the libs lack of policy, as most people know that in order to make a finacial prediction, you need a starting point, and that's something even labor themselves are not sure about, evidence being in their failure to achieve the PROMMISED surplus.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 26 February 2013 5:16:36 AM
To Be or Not To Be? That Is The Problem.

Wrong!

Much to do about nothing? That is the problem.

You mob carry on about the colour of the cars. Underneath the paint job it’s the same car with different drivers that drive it in much same tired, stop start way. Both cars are powered by the same engine, productivity. The engine is getting progressively smaller. The load is getting progressively bigger as the freeloaders demand more space putting more stress on the sagging springs and bald tyres.

I personally believe the car needs an overhaul. Get rid of as many freeloaders as possible. Increase the size of the engine but decrease the size of the car. Allow more the opportunity for others to drive. Reward those that maintain the car more than the freeloaders as currently happens.

The best result in my opinion for the September election is a hung parliament. We need more Windsor’s and Oakeshott’s, not less. We need a democratic proportional voting system. The one we have now allows a minority to get majority control. We as a society need to have a more DIY mentality. Not the one we have where WE give US via government less the considerable amounts they skim off.

For those who can remember here are a couple of Redgum songs. Nothing much has changed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLrJa-fKIvw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-uJhvPDIpQ
Posted by Producer, Tuesday, 26 February 2013 12:12:41 PM
Dear rehctub,

As John Howard pointed out on Sixty Minutes -
there's nothing wrong with ambition. Sure
the PM wanted the job and helped dispose
of her predecessor but that only proves the
power of the party itself.

Today it's difficult to see significant differences
between the policies of the major parties, except
on a few issues. It is impossible to predict with
any confidence how either party will respond to
changing circumstances. This modern fact of political
life is a result of new technology which allows political
parties to see what policy responses will produce an
electoral advantage in key marginal electorates.

The mainstream media plays a vital part in this
process, since the loudest voices in the dominant
outlets play a major part in shaping the views which
will be expressed in news polls. Party founding principles
and philosophy have disappeared as significant
forces in policy formation it seems.
Posted by Lexi, Tuesday, 26 February 2013 3:04:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy