The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Pope resigns

The Pope resigns

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
http://www.smh.com.au/national/coverup-the-priest-the-archbishop-and-a-hurt-14yearold-girl-20130222-2ewvp.html
My days, half my life, of following the God Myth had no back doors I was totally committed to behavior suited to my Gods followers.
And while no follower now, the institutionalized behavior is still my path.
The link, the unmasking of child molesting in Churches of every faith.
Jewish and Jehovah Witnesses of late unmasked.
And the Catholic Church leading the way, to its own Hell.
Tell me, just this link, can those still hiding names, those who protected the offends/offenders do they believe in God?
Surely not!
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 23 February 2013 5:54:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

What has believing in God to do with behaving decently? When I was a child I heard about the story of Abraham and Isaac. I was scared and asked my father what he would do if he heard a voice from God telling him to do me in. He told me he would see a psychiatrist. I believed the old man but started to doubt a God who would tell a father to kill his son.

Unfortunately being willing to commit atrocities to show one has faith is a staple of religion then, now and in the future.

The atrocities against children are only part of the evil of faith.
Posted by david f, Saturday, 23 February 2013 9:21:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dave, What would you have said if your Dad's reply was; "Naturally, I would do you in son! can't go against the word of the Big G" It's no problem anyway, my advice is switch god's, I believe the Hindu's have plenty to spare, particularly like the one that looks like an elephant, a rather cuddly god.
If the Catholic Church was a private organisation, it would be closed down! Ratzinger would get life with 50 years non-parole. alternately nail him to a cross, he'd like that, keep with tradition etc.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 23 February 2013 5:19:04 PM
Davidf as you know I believe in no God.
But we live in the real world.
Probably, based on all religions not just Christianity more do than do not.
We could heap wood on a one sided fire forever, in just comparing our views.
But those we target will continue to be as they are believers.
My question needs an answer, do the offenders believe in God?
I can tell you many do, a close relative, born again one, thinks Gods gift to him, is the ability to sidestep responsibility for his every act.
And too the acts of family kindness to him are from those forced to do it, by God.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 23 February 2013 5:20:27 PM
Dear Belly,

Believing in a religion and believing in a god are two different things. Buddhists, as an example, do not maintain that either God or a soul exists. Not all religions are theistic religions.
Posted by david f, Saturday, 23 February 2013 5:40:52 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/world/britains-cardinal-obrien-steps-down-20130225-2f2c4.html
I am not a hater.
If I ever claim to be, I am letting my self down ,it is not me.
But this story,the one becoming well known, from within the Vatican
ASKS questions.Just what is this Church.
Growing up I heard the hate in Migrants from Scotland, oh yes near the same as those I heard from Ireland.
And the shear Protestant biased view the Church was of the Devil.
I do not want to trade on that, but remembering my Christianity, a whole and once consuming belief.
May I ask what would Christ do.
From my current happy not to believe days?
Why do we continue to give tax break is to such? is that not a fraud?
Criminal one, on tax payers?
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 26 February 2013 6:00:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy