The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Would you consider founding a minor political party?

Would you consider founding a minor political party?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. All
Roger.
Looking at your manifesto it's clear that your first and really only priority is helping illegal aliens and making it as easy as possible for them to freeload, that places you dead in the water from the start. Whether or not they're tolerant of Third world migrants (99% are tolerant) working Australians hate refugee advocacy and groups who seek to put the interests of illegal aliens ahead of those of the local population. We don't like people who advocate special rights and privileges for minorities at the expense of the native born majority, you'll find that this is a common view across all Australian ethnic groups (except perhaps the WASP bourgeoisie).

To be frank your gun control idea is silly,like your refugee policy it's ridiculously bureaucratic, on the one hand you seem to advocate greater personal liberty but have you stopped to think about the effect of all your rules and regulations on the liberty of citizens?

Gay marriage. Are you advocating the abolition of the marriage act? If so you are going to run smack bang into a confrontation with the Gay lobby, they want the government to empower and protect their version of marriage, they definitely don't want people to have the freedom to decide what a marriage is or is not.

Religion. If you tried to put any of those ideas in practice you'd be steamrolled by Jewish groups and if you tried to resist you'd be tied up in court for years. I don't mean to sound harsh but they have the power and the money to do whatever they want and they'd bring all the other faith groups into a coalition and flatten you, your name would be mud, you'd be branded and "anti Semite" and you'd most likely end up in jail as an example to others who might think about following your lead.

I could go on, judging by the way the policy outline is written you're very young, politics doesn't work the way you think it does, I'll leave it there.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Sunday, 27 January 2013 8:56:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Roger Our Sedition Laws do much the same as Bush's Patriot Act.They suspend Habeas Corpus ie If our Govt classifies you as a terrorist they can jail you indefinitely without trial or legal council.

Prof Michael Hudson in 2009 visited our RBA and asked them why they don't create new money for our growing economy and got no response.Even our inflationary money which is the depreciation of our currency gets expressed as debt by private banks.

No new party that does not address these two areas is worth supporting.Google also our Prof Steven Keen.He is one of the few who who predicted the GFC.The debt cannot be repaid because increases in our productivity get expressed as debt by private institutions.We no longer have Govt banks to even take some of the pressure off taxes.
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 27 January 2013 9:46:25 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Roger
Some good policies outlined on your website, the challenge will be to move from what are essentially well intentiond motherhood statements to workable policies that will achieve those aims. It is not as easy as it might appear and when in power you will no doubt know that there are many pulls and pushes on government in the form of lobby groups.

I like minor parties for the reason that the dominant two-party system tends to take their place for granted and the result is the status quo which leads to cynical attitudes about politics (mostly deserved). Minor parties tend to raise issues that the majors avoid for fear of asking the difficult questions or questioning the status quo eg. the inequalities and problems with aspects of free trade/globalisation, or issues of national security vs privacy vs big brother government.

What a dominant two-party system equals is lots of pork barrelling and promises during elections but little in the way of real substance. That is not to deny some good policy decisions from both parties at times. Look what happened when the Howard Government enjoyed majority power, we ended up with Workchoices, a policy that was not shared with the voters prior to election. Labor did similar with the Carbon Tax reversal albeit in different circumstances.

Minor parties spring up usually in response to disatisfaction with the two major parties. eg. KAP and the Pirate Party. The PP have some good transparency and FOI policies as well as the anti-censorship stance. I can even find some good policies in KAP although they tend to attract the loony right amongst them (not all).

Even better would be to include all Australians in some important areas of policy making through referenda. This could be achieved with little bureacratic wrangling and little cost by including referenda at every major election so that the policy direction is truly decided by the people.

Naturally it is not practical for every issue, small and large, but it is possible for some areas of policy particularly those that impact on all Australians.
Posted by pelican, Sunday, 27 January 2013 9:58:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay,
You're right, protest parties are either not interested in fundamental change or they have no idea of the way the "system" actually works.
If an individual or group publicly express any ideas which would radically alter the status quo or which could potentially threaten the ruling castes then they very quickly find ASIO and Federal Police goons on their doorstep, or worse, private "investigators" and vigilante thugs from minority and special interest groups...then of course there's the media, the other enforcement arm of the ruling castes.
The idea of using issues like gun control, human rights,homosexuality and illegal immigration as front line tactics to "fight the power" or even to "keep the bastards honest" is ludicrous. "Human rights" is as much a fundamental part of the system as usury or the state monopoly on the use of force, the widely accepted notion that you can "fight fire with fire" is completely wrong, you fight fire with WATER, anything else only increases the intensity of the fire.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Sunday, 27 January 2013 10:14:37 AM
Thanks for the references Arjay, I'll do some more research into the RBA. Re sedition, my ex was involved with (the defence of) the first use of sedition laws in Australia (against a group in Dubbo) I'm aware, just not a constitutional lawyer myself...

Jay, the site is deliberately laymans. Please support your assumptions with facts where appropriate.
Posted by Roger Brisbane, Sunday, 27 January 2013 10:30:43 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jay of Melbourne.We can tell the agenda's of these new parties by what they omit.Yes they can become quickly corrupted especially by intelligence plants and media manipulation of the truth.

The Citizens Electoral Council is the only group that confronts these issues but I don't like La Rouches' style.

They really did a number on Pauline Hanson and Tony Abbott got really dirty.When they got back into power they adopted some of her policies.

Unless we wake up and all get politically active,then I don't see real change happening soon.The West has become fascist in its laws since Sept 2001.It will only take another terrorist attack to make the fascism real.
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 27 January 2013 10:36:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13