The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Would you consider founding a minor political party?

Would you consider founding a minor political party?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All
Hi Suseonline,

Myself and a few others have funded us thus far. We will keep membership free, and hope to get AEC tax deductible status when we reach 500 members. When we come to publicising etc & running campaigns, we are hoping those that are able may donate a few $. Candidates will be required to fund their own running fee ($2k).

The running fee all but precludes small parties fielding candidates (it was $1k last election).

Cheers,
Roger
Posted by Roger Brisbane, Saturday, 26 January 2013 6:54:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Another protest party. Where specifically do you differ from the feckless Greens, with whom you will be competing for votes?
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 26 January 2013 7:50:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi onthebeach,

We are not a "protest party", by which I'll take you to mean a "single issue party" such as the sex party, greens, secular party et al. These are often not single issue, but suffer from that perception, and unfortunately all policy is tainted by the founding idea. This is exactly what we're trying to avoid... A real and credible alternative as much as can be provided by a party in its infancy.

Please refer & compare our policy to others if you have specific questions.
Posted by Roger Brisbane, Saturday, 26 January 2013 8:09:24 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If you are unwilling to compare and contrast your policies with another party you seem to have a lot in common with the answer is 'No' then.
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 26 January 2013 11:55:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
He did not sat that on the beach.
Clearly a post above yours clears it up, read the web page see the policy,s.
I still, think it is doomed Democrats made it work.
But generational change to its leaders turned it in to other than its birth was.
Greens are by now over ripe and on the way out.
A party like Katter,s mad Hatters, will not be around long, short term it will be Liberals greens.
And do more harm than good,unless you are a Labor voter.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 27 January 2013 6:07:16 AM
Rodger, I think Belly has summed it up pretty well, as the mess we have had to endure in the last term is evidence enough for me that small parties/independents etc are more a hindrance than anything.

As I see it, it's all about preferences, as small parties are just that, small. Too small to achieve anything on their own, so they support one of the major parties, something that in the last term has made many small/ind voters dissatisfied with their choice and will most likely make many think twice come this election.

Well that's my view anyway.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 27 January 2013 6:22:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy