The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does Democracy Destroy Freedom?

Does Democracy Destroy Freedom?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
"Besides, as I recall that thread wasn't about whackamossie - but rather, wack-an-ozzie (i.e. Belly)

You're so right, SPQR.

Belly didn't start up that thread with the sole intention of denigrating Muslims and calling for a halt in Muslim immigration.

Belly didn't trawl through news outlets every morning so he could post the worst he could find in the Muslim world every day as fuel for his rants.

Belly didn't employ innuendo freely in regard to myself and csteele, surmising this and that about us.

Not much he didn't : )

It's a controversial and emotive subject. Please don't tell me that Belly didn't know what he was up for or that he didn't give as good as he got.

Good ol' "ozzie Belly" knew exactly what he was about in starting that thread - and yet seemed surprised that other Aussies might tackle him in his views.

He had a right to express himself (which he did expansively) - and we had a right to disagree...that's not whacking an ozzie.
Posted by Poirot, Sunday, 13 January 2013 5:31:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Poirot,

<< It's a controversial and emotive subject>>

It’s only so because some are wont to play the role of the three wise monkeys: see no criticism, hear no criticism, and speak no criticism (of Islam).
Four wise monkeys, actually, if you add the one that wants to rip your arms off if you continue to post your thoughts on the issue--that was the one Belly had problems with.

It should be no more controversial and emotive than criticism of say… the catholic church, or Jews. And most of us seem to have no problem(s)on those fronts.
Posted by SPQR, Monday, 14 January 2013 7:49:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"It should be no more controversial and emotive than criticism of say.....the catholic church, or Jews. And most of us seem to have no problem(s)on those fronts."

That, SPQR, is an excellent point.

And the day Belly opens up the sort of speech he unloaded on Muslims in the direction of Catholics or Jews - I'll criticise his view.

The day he starts a thread to call for a halt in the immigration of Catholics and Jews on the grounds that they're not fit to be members of our communities - I'll criticise.
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 14 January 2013 8:26:15 AM
Careful, SPQR.

>>...here’s a tip: I heard from a camp follower that the Brighton Women’s Lacrosse team is a good chance of taking out the next grand final of the AFL (i.e. the Australie Federation de Lacrosse) put some money on them.<<

That could be construed as investment advice, so you had better be in possession of an AFSL.

For the record, the Federation involved is the Federation of International Lacrosse (FIL). So not only investment advice, but fraudulent advice too. Tut tut.

Your "follower" might just be a little too camp...

Not that there's anything etc.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 14 January 2013 3:28:56 PM
Pericles,
<< That could be construed as investment advice, so you had better be in possession of an AFSL>>

Ai-yah!

I am registered with the National Halal Accreditation Board.

All my advice is 100% halal. That trumps any measly Australian Financial Services Licence .
Posted by SPQR, Monday, 14 January 2013 6:29:47 PM
Errr... SPQR,

>>All my advice is 100% halal.<<

I suspect that any form of gambling - even on a lacrosse match - is most distinctly haram.

Back to the drawing board, my friend. Your camp follower might be of some assistance with this, once his nail polish has dried.

Not that there is anything etc...
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 14 January 2013 7:04:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy