The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Foreign aid diverted into asylum seeker costs

Foreign aid diverted into asylum seeker costs

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Jayb - good question.

Will be interesting to see how many people would be willing to take on that financial responsibiliity. When they do,then the rest of us may heed them, acknowledging that deeds speak louder than words.

Den71, Somehow I don't think that if they were still alive, our soldiers who were endeavouring to win the hearts of the muslims who killed them would call such people deserving of our sympathy.

Neither would the innocent Australian girls they have raped.
Posted by worldwatcher, Wednesday, 19 December 2012 9:56:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
chrisgaff1000, I too have said it before.

Do we act now, or, do we wait until they arrive with guns.

Who knows, it may already be too late, as they may well have a back up plan, but don't want to be the instigators. God knows, there's enough of them.

Perhaps it's Indonisias way of provoking a war, cause let's face it, Australia is a very desirable country, esspecially to this who have no regard for the likes of human rights, equality or the environment.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 20 December 2012 6:15:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Stop & Look;
It is too late to worry about the ethics of it all.
DEN71 and those who think like him are now like dinosaurs and out of touch with reality.
It is an invasion and the pace is picking up.
It is now a brutal decision on sending them back even if they are under threat.
We have no choice, we either just open the gates and let them in no
checks, nothing, or we clamp down now while we still have some control.

Belly, we can insist on Indonesia honoring its treaty obligations.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 20 December 2012 7:47:41 AM
Luddy, with the greatest respect, I believe that your threads name is too macro.

"Foreign aid diverted into asylum seeker costs"

IMHO should be

"Foeign borrowings earmarked for aid being diverted into asylum seeker costs"

Subtle, I know, but foreign aid begats a perception of wealth. We were wealthy in early 2008, but we are poor now.
Posted by sonofgloin, Thursday, 20 December 2012 9:59:36 AM
DEN71>> Perhaps better a bleeding heart than a bloody minded sociopath.<<

Sosiopaths Den?

Like the ones who yesterday murdered 8 aid workers who were giving polio vaccines to the children of Pakistan. Or the ones who fly with documents to Indonesia but arrive here like orphans, unknown and un traceable. That you deem anyone who questions the illegal’s motives as sociopaths displays your ignorance of the word I am afraid to say as I know you are literate.

I may add Den that the vast majority of the illegals are not sociopaths, they are zealots, and that is worse because they work in unison as opposed to the majority of sociopaths who are insular individuals.
Posted by sonofgloin, Thursday, 20 December 2012 10:19:02 AM
Belly,
You did ask the question and when you get some suggestions you brand the posters as rednecks. I was willing to give the Malaysia scheme a go, even though I had serious reservations about it, but the courtknocked it out. 800 for 2000 doesn't seem a good deal anyway and many of the 800, unless locked up, will simply go back to Indonesia for another go. Quite a few have tried several times.

PhillipS, Bazz and O Sung Wu have said about all I would have. We simply do not give them what they seek, make it not worth the risk and effort and they will stop coming.

Phillip,
I appreciate your examples of our stupid residency laws, heres another.
A non citizen was convicted of drug dealing. After serving his time he was to be deported but appealed and was allowed permant residency because he claimed to be the father of a child born here. Don't know even if he had to prove he was the father or simply claimed to be. So he gets to stay here because he had sex with some woman who was silly enough to allow herself to get pregnant. The court stated it would be hard on the child, not to have her father, a convicted drug dealer. Some father!

O Sung Wu, you said. "I sincerely believe, Australia is now the weakest nation in the world. We incapable of even protecting our own sovereign borders.

What a shameful state of affairs".

I could not agree more.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 20 December 2012 10:19:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy