The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Foreign aid diverted into asylum seeker costs

Foreign aid diverted into asylum seeker costs

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Philip S,Bloke please be informed I will at every chance, avoid your hot headed non productive posts, here comes a bus good by.
Another poster informs us we should cut aid, but not spend it on ECONOMIC REFUGEES.
Quaint
So we starve them.
In fact we need Abbott or more likely his successor, to put boat people back in his tool bag.
Circumvent the greens, and do ANYTHING IT TAKES INCLUDING Malaysian Solution, but both party,s in conference, think of Australia, not politics.
IF shopping you find you are short of cash, we often give up one thing to buy another.
Increasing red neck shouting here is ignoring just how hard it will be to stop these boats.
For the incoming[ yes it will be so]Liberal government too.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 19 December 2012 3:42:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
How competent was Howard compared with these school kids? I don't think even the Greens could of stuffed this process more than Labour has. I am amazed that many of them have not resigned with shame. Having shameless PM and Ministers and calling it tough still deceives a few rusted on voters. I dare say the likes of Beasley won't be in a hurry to come back from the US. I remember how thrilled he was when Rudd was elected. Now all I suspect he could feel is shame.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 19 December 2012 3:51:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Let us clear our heads, those who have that ability that is.
International law tells us people with out papers are no easy task.
Existing law says we can not deport them, why do some think they destroy their paper work.
And not funding them? come most would think you are jokeing! some unfortunate are not.
Turn the boats around THREATEN Indonesia, a nation of 30 times our population?
Sure send the bloke who said that armed with body bags to do it.
One will be enough.
Red necked rants about leaving the UN , a host of silly ideas.
YET THESE REDNECKS DO NOT WANT TO TRY THE ANSWER!
Malaysia
Leave you folks to it, you will see a lot of posts but unfortunate this interesting thread will bring more silly answers than answers.
Given government right now, this instant, Abbott would not be able to fix this over night.
See he is hoping it continues and has crushed real answers.
All the best Ludwig, I must avoid such threads once the infection takes hold, rant and shout but have no workable answers or even understanding.
I want the boats stopped,am unconcerned at the cruelty in doing it.
But can not mix with the blindness of some.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 19 December 2012 4:13:07 PM
Dear Ludwig,

Senator Bob Carr stated:

"It fits OECD Guidelines for the expenditure of aid money.
Spending money on refugees who've landed on Australian soil
is as valid as spending it on refugees who are in refugee
camps around the world."

The same thing is done in the US, Canada, France and Sweden.

Senator Carr also added that "Overseas aid programs were
not being cut, but some may be delayed until the next
financial year."
Posted by Lexi, Wednesday, 19 December 2012 4:16:23 PM
Bazz - Point 7) is critical we have to make it so unbearable that they will want to leave and that includes lock them up for YEARS more than 5

o sung wu - Right the UN is useless for the BILLIONS of $ it sucks up I challenge others to name 5 things that it has accomplished that benifited the world as a whole. Send them home if it is too unbearable they will suddenly remember where they came from.

rehctub - Probably cheaper to go to Indonesia and buy every boat and turn them into matchsticks.

Jayb - What can I say except WE ARE THE LUCKY COUNTRY WE HAVE NO HOMELESS REFUGEES - but we have thousands of homeless Australians.

Belly - Quote "Philip S,Bloke please be informed I will at every chance, avoid your hot headed non productive posts, here comes a bus good by." $10 bet says you can't, you may pretend to but you are hooked your curiosity will not let you
Posted by Philip S, Wednesday, 19 December 2012 4:19:48 PM
Here are 2 examples of the stupidity of asylum laws.

1) In 2005 A former New Zealand bikie was given refugee status in Australia after seeking asylum from fellow criminals.
A tribunal decided that the 36-year-old Kiwi, who was in a witness protection scheme before flying to Australia in 2005, faced a threat of significant harm in his home country. The Government at the time appealed this they did not want him here - BUT - the Federal Court cleared the man to stay because of the government's own protection visa rules.
The man was warned when he arrived in Australia that if he committed one offense on his temporary visa he could be removed.
BUT - Since arriving he went on to drink and drive, commit forgery, and breaching his bail conditions. He has also been charged with weapons and drugs offenses, and receiving stolen property. JUST WHAT WE NEED.

2) We have also granted asylum to a Bangladeshi man who feared he'd be killed if sent home to face charges over comments he posted about his prime minister on Facebook. Either a very stupid man for doing that or intelligent because he knew he could use it as an excuse to get asylum.
Posted by Philip S, Wednesday, 19 December 2012 4:20:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy