The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Merry Christmyth from the Atheist Foundation of Australia

Merry Christmyth from the Atheist Foundation of Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 32
  7. 33
  8. 34
  9. Page 35
  10. 36
  11. 37
  12. 38
  13. ...
  14. 72
  15. 73
  16. 74
  17. All
World watcher it is unlikely I will trouble you much here in OLO.
By inference you said GY our sites owner broke your privacy by passing on your details.
I prefer not to believe that.
And Sport, note your opinions on this sites rules, like your one eyed comments are avoided most times.
GY care to comment about the e mail said to have been sent?
World watcher I say good by to you enjoy your stay and this festive season.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 25 December 2012 9:20:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,

I don't believe any email was sent....and if it had, it would have been from OLO - not AFA (the same goes for an email alert on the subject of this thread)

I mentioned that merely to highlight that that is the only exchange of info which sometimes takes place on OLO...as there is no other mechanism to privately exchange contact information.
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 25 December 2012 9:51:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
washed,

Discussion with me requires you read what I have said. The premise of this thread has nothing to do with the existence of the historical Jesus. It is about the alleged divinity of Jesus.

Einstein made no comment supporting the idea that Jesus was divine. Of course, it matters not what Einstein thought about the subject as he is a human being and human beings are mistake prone. Here are some of Einstein’s mistakes. http://io9.com/5884863/albert-einsteins-10-biggest-scientific-mistakes

Various religions have had huge impacts on civilisation. Because one religion is better subjectively than another at a particular time in history doesn't mean anything. In fact, that they all make similar mistakes is a more important point.

That none of them can bring any kind of harmony to humanity but instead cause immense strife, when they have had centuries to get it right, shows they are only a faulty human construct. Yes, I know, ‘man’ is a sinner da da da. And lucky for you, you are better than them. A very arrogant conclusion, no!

Any answer you say you have given to my question has been lost in the biblical quotes. I use my own language to address this topic. I do not refer to Superman comics and I would suggest you speak for yourself. I’ll rephrase the question and expect you to answer it in your own words.

If your particular god is shown to exist to everyone and I do not follow its words, what will happen to me?

And a sub-question:

Atheists consider that there is no proof for any of the gods including the Christian one. (They consider this because there is none – we are still waiting) What will happen to atheists, including me, if we die as atheists?

I have read all the quaint religious sayings and words you supplied and many have supplied them before and no god appeared or made itself known to me. Does a god only make itself know to those who are indoctrinated as children and don’t think for themselves? A god relying on indoctrination is not an ethical god.

David
Posted by Atheist Foundation of Australia Inc, Tuesday, 25 December 2012 9:53:47 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,

FYI, I've had a reply from Graham.

I've noticed that you read what you like into anything posted by anyone on the threads, and then put in your own interpretation peppered with many deragatory remarks.

The forum is for discussion, not childish vituperation.

Let us leave that to the politicians.
Posted by worldwatcher, Tuesday, 25 December 2012 10:03:41 AM
Belly,

Typo error - derogatory is the correct spelling.
Posted by worldwatcher, Tuesday, 25 December 2012 10:06:20 AM
Atheist Foundation of Australia Inc,
Can I suggest how God is revealed. Reread my earlier post.

While we may be looking for a physical being as God we have missed the point. God cannot be identified by the physical sciences. God is outside of physics, God is Spirit behind all being. God is Spirit [unseen], expressed in attitude, character, motive, creativity, behaviour. Jesus declared the character of God - "made God known in the flesh". God is not a visual being; God is Spirit who gives loving passion and pure motive to living. Such values are seen in the life of Jesus which identifies him as expressing the very nature - God.

It is true many can only worship the physical person for their looks or achievements and not recognise the spirit of the person.
Christmas is looking for the enlightenment of spirit - the recognition of the worthy character of God.
Posted by Josephus, Tuesday, 25 December 2012 10:25:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 32
  7. 33
  8. 34
  9. Page 35
  10. 36
  11. 37
  12. 38